Model Cars Magazine Forum

Master Modeler '58 Corvette ride height

Do you mean Pro Modeler? This one ?? $T2eC16hHJGwE9n%29yVTnvBQzln4ow2Q~~60_35 That's one kit I don't have in stock, but you lower it like you lower a real one. Post

either pix of the chassis, or pix of the instructions and I'll tell you exactly how to do it.

The leaf-spring rear is easy. Either remove material from the points where the springs attach to the chassis, GENTLY and CAREFULLY bend the springs, or insert lowering blocks / shims between the rear axle and the springs.

I don't know how the kit front end is set up on that model...whether it's like the earlier Revell Corvettes with a wire axle, or what. Pix please.

EDIT: I did some research. Apparently it has pose-able front suspension /steering. That means it HAS to have separate front spindles. So, again, you lower it like a real car. Cut the stub-axles off of the spindles and re-glue them UPWARDS the EXACT AMOUNT YOU WANT TO LOWER IT. Just the same as installing 'dropped-spindles' in a real car.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I have been on line looking for that Corvette , I think you should let me twist your arm for it lol

Anne,

they are hard to find and pricey for unstarted ones. This was painted but nothing glued together. So a lot of paint stripping later i had my '58!

joe.

Both the '58 and the '59 Revell kits are somewhat hard to find. They do turn up on the 'Bay but not super often and usually at a much higher price than they should. Surprising that Revell hasn't seen fit to reissue either of these with new box art.

There's a '58 on eBay right now if you check here..............high priced but it's the only one I see listed at the moment.

Another question...I've got several of the multi-piece-body kits. How much of the REST of the tooling IS carry-over into the pro-modeler version?

Absolutely none Bill. The '58 kit was COMPLETELY new tooling from stem to stern! I have to wonder about the '62 as well that was just released. I believe that also was new tooling, but I'm not sure about that. The '58 however shares nothing with the old multi-piece kits.

One of the kits I wanted for the stash is a 1959 Vette, When I was looking all I could find were the 58's . But I don't remember seeing any bring over $30 , and when I finally found my 59 I think I paid under $30 including postage

You just have te be patient

Do Not spend $70 on this kit. Although it is nice - both '58 and '59 kits are great - HERE is what you can and should expect to pay - rarely sells for more than $30.

The '59 seems a little more rare, but again, HERE you can see, up to $30 is fair.

Sorry to the OP for the diversion...

Are you saying those Monogram boxings are the '59 version of the '58 ProModeler?????

joe.

The monogram 59 corvette was the 58 with different hood and trunk. Louvers and trim spears removed. Two sets of wheels and tires added with flame decals, i think there was some other slight differences as well.

The '59 included the hardtop.

Jaydar: Regarding the ride height, all of the above. I haven't built my '58 yet, but one thing I did notice on my kit is that the rear portion of the frame curls away from the floorpan, thus adding "ride height" to the rear. You might want to see how it sits (in the rear, anyway) after alleviating this feature before bending, cutting, blocking springs and axles, etc.

Paul B.