Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Cor-Vex

Lunajammer

You might try a drop of Future to attach the headlights. I white glue or Future for gluing clear parts. I find white glue is better when there is some gap to fill or minimal surface for the Future to get a grip like on the windshield, but Future works well when it has a solid base, and I've never seen it crinkle like the white glue did, it always comes out clear when dry.

Good to know Aaron. I've never considered Future for adhesion. Even clear enamel didn't occur to me, though it used to be in my arsenal before my 10-year hiatus claimed some of my previous knowledge.

Thanks again folks for the comments.

Thats a beauty Luna. Looks like a vehicle that would have been on dispay at a world expo back then. Very cool!

I do something similar to Aaron for attaching headlights. I`ve used Tamiya clear for years now and have always had good luck. I paint the area the lens will be sitting then paint the entire backside of the lens itself and put it in place. It dries pretty fast and holds very well.

"Bullet proof glass" Now that's funny! Great looking model. If I may ask...

Why the green color interior?

Good question James. This interior was the inspiration for my color choices. My first choice was aqua blue, which looked good on paper but the painted parts against the gold were too loud, like circus colors. So I just learned from the pros.

post-7490-0-09722100-1354299860_thumb.jp

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...