Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Chrysler 300B

smellyfatdude

Finally done this, build #5 of this year (yay, me!) I think I should build at least a couple Moebius kits each year, so nice is the quality/parts fit.

The build thread is here.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103061

Now, a few pictures.

finish%20001m_zps10puftbm.jpg

finish%20004m_zpsudbsj3yk.jpg

finish%20005m_zpspuf33yqi.jpg

finish%20017m_zpsrrc2pnqw.jpg

finish%20018m_zps04dja9ip.jpg

And a few more. Now, I think it's time to get busy on the ' 61 Starliner. ;)

finish%20021m_zpsirjhqcld.jpg

finish%20027m_zpsvsrivp6c.jpg

finish%20028m_zpseperl7yw.jpg

finish%20033m_zpslb3f3o1g.jpg

finish%20035m_zpsnyfsdwbz.jpg

Beautiful work! You can definitely be proud of that one, it's a beauty. And may I congratulate you on the excellent photos. It's a definite step up from your previous "on the lid of a garbage can" style of photography... :P (except for that one you still had to post here... :lol:

According to fury3, who is a former Chrysler tech, the limited color range on the 300's was intended to give it some exclusivity, making the car more instantly recognizable. Chances are they could have sold a few more of them, had they offered a wider array of paint choices. I agree about the humdrum of the red/white/black options, which is why when I did the ' 55 I chose some colors that were sorta/kinda close to ones Chrysler offered on it's other models, that year.

I went with white on the ' 56 just 'cause it's so darned easy to get a decent paint job with that Krylon satin white! ;)

Edited by smellyfatdude

According to fury3, who is a former Chrysler tech, the limited color range on the 300's was intended to give it some exclusivity, making the car more instantly recognizable. Chances are they could have sold a few more of them, had they offered a wider array of paint choices. I agree about the humdrum of the red/white/blue options, which is why when I did the ' 55 I chose some colors that were sorta/kinda close to ones Chrysler offered on it's other models, that year.

I went with white on the ' 56 just 'cause it's so darned easy to get a decent paint job with that Krylon satin white! ;)

I did a little research a while back & came across a website with a ton of info on the early 300s.

I found that in 1956 there were a few 300s done in custom colors for a few "discerning" customers. including a couple of 2-tones.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the site, but it did give me the green light to go ahead & do it in a different color when the day comes to build one. :)

Steve