Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Chevy conv, 25 year old WIP, update 3-28-15

blunc

Here is a 25 year old WIP I'm going to see about getting done in time for the upcoming Desert Scale Classic...

don't hold yer breath though, "honey-do projects" may derail that plan.

57-chevy-wip2_zpsc3jllpdn.jpg

Edited by blunc

Cool, what kit is this? I once made one from a Monogram 1957 Bel-Air kit

it's a Pyro/Lifelike/Lindberg '57 Chevy convertible kit... 1/32 scale, which means that after cutting open the hood, I get to build in an engine bay and an engine.

The engine (and all the red plastic parts & wheels) in the photo is from a 1/32 scale Z28, the engine has been sculpted a bit to improve appearance and install an injection manifold from an undersized 1/25 scale motor.

I haven't finished cutting open the doors yet because I still need to stabilize the door sill area, that will most likely be done after all the body work has been completed.

The front bench will probly get removed in favor of the Z28 bucket seats.

I'm considering going with a Chezoom-like style on this due to some of the seemingly misproportioned aspects of this kit.

At this point I'm a little envious of the guys with lathes, I really need to make some hoops for the wheels to give me a little of that "deep dish" look on the rear wheels.

a little work on the trunk gap and lip, evergreen is my friend. :)

57-chevy-wip3_zps1onjqbz6.jpg

This will NOT be ready for DSC-11 since I'm not going to cut corners on my builds like I used to.

I'll see if "Plan B" will work.

Edited by blunc