Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 32 Ford Rat Rod

Whitman80

Hey, I am new to the site and I just starting making models again after taking 15 years off. I am working on a the Revell 32 Ford Street Rod but mine is going to be done as one mean, scraped out rat rod. I started on it today. Filled some holes where some lame handles were suposed to go and i shaved off the door locks and a window pillar. Here is some quick pix i took but there are more to come as the rod progressed.

post-3966-1232660674_thumb.jpg

post-3966-1232660704_thumb.jpg

post-3966-1232660730_thumb.jpg

hey there Whitman :D Don't be sweatin' the big stuff. We's just glad you's here and dat you's doin' a 32. lotsa us guys have same story as you---back into the model buildin' after 10-20 years & @. Just keep us upta date with yer 32, an' don't be worryin bout yer pics! We likes 'em big so's we can see every li'l detail--or screw up :lol: --ya'll puts in yer build. Welcome bro! B)

Got some work done today. Went out and bought a Dremel and sliced off the fenders and sanded it down to the frame. This is the first time I have ever done this because I could never afford a Dremel when I was a kid. It worked really well and I am happy with the results.

post-3966-1232915791_thumb.jpg

post-3966-1232915800_thumb.jpg

post-3966-1232915810_thumb.jpg

post-3966-1232915818_thumb.jpg

I haven't worked out the stance yet. I was thinking about "z"ing the frame and channeling it but i haven't made up my mind. I like how it sits right now but that could change. As for colors, I am panting the frame gloss black, the body flat black and red steel wheels. I know that is such a typical rat rod look but I like it. For my first build back into it, I want to keep it kinda simple.

quite the project you've taken on. I think we've all forgotten that until Revell issued the 1/25th scale '32 Roadster that you either had to scrounge the AMT roadster or use the Monogram full fendered version and do as you're doing. Whack the fenders and sand down the sides to come up with a hi-boy version.

Great to see an ol'school build.