Model Cars Magazine Forum

'40 Ford pickup, glue bomb restoration.

For some reason, I enjoy rebuilding old junkers that seem to be beyond hope. It's not like this is a rare kit, I have at least a couple of these that haven't been touched yet!

40fordpu1-vi.jpg

This one was in the box for a buck at a local second hand store. The cab and one door were missing, and the rest was held together with more than an ample amount of glue. Fact is, I couldn't even disassemble most of it! I replaced the broken front axle with a lowered one from the '64 Chevy pickup kit. I found an original issue cab in my junk boxes, it had the left door glued into it, so I just left it and glued the replacement door on. I made skirts from styrene sheet. The wheels and tires are also from the Revell '64 Chevy pickup kit.

40fordpu2-vi.jpg

I painted it with Krylon purple from a bomb can.

Im000494-vi.jpg

Plans are to add some scallops or something like that. I might go with some different wheels or wheel covers.

Im000495-vi.jpg

Thought I'd post this as a way to try out the picture posting features of this site.