Model Cars Magazine Forum

SHOW US YOUR STYRENE GLORY IN PRIMER!

Dr. Cranky

Sweet '60 El Camino Bob. Scratch built? I love the Ranchero too, very cool. Is it from Detroit Resin Automotive Group? And that Corvette, wildly cool!

Great in-progress builds.

Yes and yes . They are both finished now and are in the Trucks Under Glass section .

Here's a 53 Ford that I'm working on. It's still in primer.

IMG_0829_zpsf2a78376.jpg :) Dan

Really nice old Ford and really smooooooooth !

This is awesome! Who makes the body? Did you ever finish this one?

That's my first car. I drove it as a Junior in high school. It was replaced by a '69 LeMans. The body is not resin, and the roof is resin, from Tom Coolidge. The car was off white with a bronze/copper interior. Finally, no, it is no further along today than it appears in the picture. Thanks for the compliment!

60Chevy_3.jpg

Edited by Repstock

pair of 93 T/A Camaros with removable panels to show inside works. Will be ready by december 31.

DSC01415_zps55d614a4.jpg

My 90 lx wide body..project on hold

DSC01302_zpsd2304384.jpg

My drag car project is a 4 cilinder turbo mustang 2...on hold, 3rd on line. hopefully be done by february or march.

DSC01142_zps45d40521.jpg

DSC01251_zpsc27289d2.jpg

DSC01247_zps88bd9128.jpg

• Like 1

pair of 93 T/A Camaros with removable panels to show inside works. Will be ready by december 31.

DSC01415_zps55d614a4.jpg

My 90 lx wide body..project on hold

DSC01302_zpsd2304384.jpg

My drag car project is a 4 cilinder turbo mustang 2...on hold, 3rd on line. hopefully be done by february or march.

DSC01142_zps45d40521.jpg

DSC01251_zpsc27289d2.jpg

DSC01247_zps88bd9128.jpg

Nice stuff, love the ideas on the Camaros!!

Yes and yes . They are both finished now and are in the Trucks Under Glass section .

Really nice old Ford and really smooooooooth !

Thanks for the kind words. I'm having some trouble with the front end. I used a Camaro sub frame and it's to wide for the Ford so I have to modify some of the parts to get it to work. I'm in the process now of trying to narrow the front end pieces. Dan

How oh how did I ever miss this a year ago when it started???? Incredible stuff on here, pages and pages of it - too many great builds to comment on!

First off, running your car in primer on its way to a completed paint job is a venerable tradition in the kustom world. Here is a pic of the recently restored Jack Stewart '41 Ford as it looked in iconic white primer, just for a little "flavor":

Jack-Stewart-1941-Ford-5.jpg

For good or bad, most of my projects don't stay in primer for very long unless they are pretty much dead in the water. Here are some oldies I really need to get back to...

'53 Studebaker streamliner - the "Studeliner"

DSCF1512-web.jpg

It will have Potvin Hemi power:

DSCF1969-web.jpg

Ardun powered Competition Roadster

Fairing-All-Web.jpg

Chassis-and-Ardun-1.jpg

Ardun-Comp-Roadster-1-web.jpg

And a couple of '49 Fords, a custom (in blue suede) and a road racer (in white primer).

DSCF6746-web.jpg

DSCF6740-web.jpg

DSCF6728-web2.jpg

Edited by Bernard Kron

My 59 El Camino, plan is to make it similar to my brothers car.

i should start with this one when my current project is ready but I might put it on the side because im little scared to use BMF :D

You've gotta do this one ! BMF is easy to learn and you'll wish you tried it years ago !

Just remember , when you apply BMF and don't like how it looks it can be removed without damaging the paint . Then you try again until you like it ! :D

Thanks Bob, I got the Camino in primer for few months and the BMF is next to it ;)

It's because of the lack of experience that im moving this one away ever time but with this in mind it might become the next project.