Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well Gregg...since you asked.....

I saw your sticky about the new MCM Forum already reaching 300 members!

WHOO HOO!

Should be OVERFLOWING shortly........

I also saw where you asked for more models on the site. So here's another contribution:

A 1985 El Camino SS.

ElkyRSide8.jpg

ElkyRSide2.jpg

This was a commissioned piece, built to replicate the owner's 1:1 85 El Camino:

ElkyWithPic1.jpg

It was a 3 month project and in the end, the owner was VERY happy! Even got an extra "Franklin" tip!!

Base kit was the MPC 82 Elky kit. I opened/hinged the doors, added full engine detail using the new Pro Tech braided lines and fittings (see the "What's New?" column in this month's MCM # 111 for contact info ) and replicated the rest of the car from well over 100 photos that the owner supplied.

Here's a couple engine pics before installation:

ElkyMtr13.jpg

ElkyMtr5.jpg

Lots more pics can be seen here:

1985 Chevy El Camino SS

A fun build, plus I made some extra $$ doing it!!

I must say dave very impressive, but I believe Gregg was reffering to people putting more cars for sale on emodelcars...I am registered and need to put some stuff up for sale...###### procrastination...but I will say, I bought a kit from Gregg there, and I couldn't be happier with the price or the transaction.

I must say dave very impressive, but I believe Gregg was reffering to people putting more cars for sale on emodelcars...I am registered and need to put some stuff up for sale...###### procrastination...but I will say, I bought a kit from Gregg there, and I couldn't be happier with the price or the transaction.

(Note to self.............pay more attention to what is ACTUALLY posted and not what you THINK it says!!) :oops:

DOH!

OK.........so can I at least get the 1st MCM Forum boobie prize?!? If I'd have taken the time to properly READ the subject............ahh %$*^&#$@*%^!

Attention better I will next time pay!