Model Cars Magazine Forum

*WIP* Cleen Green Impala, the functional hydros in place!

JAFFA

Well i dont reckon anyone remembers that green impala i started months

ago, basicly i messed up the paint and put it on the shelf, well actually

a box under my bed but...

Anyway i picked it up last week and re-started the progress.

I shaved the handles, the trim and the bumpers along with the mirrors

as i wanted to from the beginning.

It will still be that applegreen and silvermetal, but with some simple

lowrider graphics on the sides.

Heres what ive done so far, first re-paint in primer, second round of putty

and sanding, will be sanded and re-primered (hopefully last primer before paint).

PICT3054.jpg

PICT3056.jpg

PICT3057.jpg

PICT3060.jpg

Ok, its time for an update: ive basicly only done more sanding, and removed the SS spoiler on the back. (I hope spoiler is the correct term, everyone says differnt things on what a spoiler is)

And offcourse i installed the "hydraulic" suspension.

And to my delight: it works!

PICT3067.jpgPICT3066.jpg

Neither the taillights or the headlights really fits well on the body in this kit so im workin them in place with putty.

PICT3069.jpgPICT3065.jpg

PICT3064.jpgPICT3073.jpg

th_PICT3072.jpg

Guest zebm1

Hmmmmm, does putting a model under yur bed enable some kinda prescient powers of efficacious modeling grandeur to come to one's mind? :mrgreen:

zeb

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another update:

I hooked it up with some Underbody Neons, i hope you'll take my word for it when i say i didnt dampen the lights as much as it seems on theese shots, i just cant seem to get any photos right....

PICT3107.jpg

PICT3105.jpg

Btw, anyone got any nice taillight ideas??

Guest Davkin

The skirts were a year thing, not a model thing. I beleive it was '93 and prior Caprices had the skirt. Body-wise there was little difference between the '94-'96 Impala SS's and Caprices. In '94 the difference was the spoiler and the little addition that changed the shape of the opera window for the Impala logo and the grille and emblems of course. For '95-96 the body was changed to permanently make the opera window shaped like that little add-on made it appear in '94 for all Caprice/SS models.

Also, a little trivia. The engine in the Revell '94 SS is incorrect. It represents the '91-'93 L05 which was a TBI 350 C.I. For '94 the engine changed to the LT1 design, however it still was not a true LT1 since it had iron heads and a different cam than the famous Corvette LT1. Also, the base engine was the L99 which was 4.6 litre, (the LT1 being 5.7). Externally it's impossible to tell the difference between the two, you either have to look at the VIN, (8th digit, W=4.6, P=5.7) or get in and drive it and if it's a bit sluggish you know you're driving a 4.6. There was no difference between the LT1 in the SS and the LT1 in all the other Caprices. The SS was really just an appearance and handling package.

Sorry to ramble on like that. I drive a '96 Caprice 9C1, (cop car.) daily and love it!

Dvid

Thanks for the info, i really like getting to know stuff about this car, since its the only modern car that i like (and i dont like it, i love it). Allthough i have never drove one :D:lol: , theres probably not more than 20-30 of them over in Sweden (imports), since Chevy is just about squeezing into the market, and that just beeing with theese silly little Calos and Whats-that-name, from the DaeWoo-"Chevrolet"... :D