Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cooper Maserati 1967

Jairus

Here is slot car that I just finished for a customer and thought that this might be of some intrest to a few of you. The body is a Cooper Maserati F1 from 1967 or so.

cooper1.jpg

Since I received the chassis with the body already mounted, the wheelbase was already set at a short 3.75â€.

cooper2.jpg

Vacuum formed transmission, evergreen styrene was used to make the exhaust pipes and aluminum tube for the intake stacks

cooper3.jpg

cooper4.jpg

Chassis is brass and steel wire frame with a Mubachi can, Champion endbell and Arco magnets with shim.

8)

nice stuff! i was afraid this forum was on its way out since no one is posting much in here but youve revived it!

so you hot rod the motor too? is this built to run on commercial tracks? do you think the owner will actually run it or just display it?

i take it it is 1/25 scale and not 1/32?

just out of curiosity how much do you charge to build something like this? its a very fine product! you can email me privately with a cost if you like

justw @ dgweb . com

many thanks and thanks for sharing a great build!

The chassis was already built and the body vacuum formed in clear. Body material can vary from Butyrate to Lexan or PetG. The last is easy to form but cracks easily.

Yes, the car is made for a commercial track and generally the owner will drive it once in a while. But generally these cars become shelf queens due to the high cost of producing one and the fact that the motor is an antique and worth too much to destroy.

My only duties are to paint, decal and detail. Most of the time all graphics and lettering are hand done with "One-Shot" enamel paint and a tiny brush. The base color and any stripping are painted with Pactra Racing Finish lacquer paints through an airbrush.

Details are added like mirrors, exhaust pipes, intake rams, wheel inserts, etc....

Prices range but basic body paint is a hundred with a additional details and greater time spent will indeed raise the price.

Sorry I cannot be more clear.

One of my customers spend a bit over fivehundred on his car. I built the whole thing, chassis, motor, trued up the tires, painted the body... everything! He takes that one out from time to time and actually says that it set some sort of track record for the era of the car. Pretty cool stuff!

thanks for the reply.

did you happen to see the morris swing a ling mobile record shack i posted over in the trucks area (i think)?

are you up for some hand lettering in 1/24 scale?

:shock:

let me know if you are. i know i sure cant do it. i need an artist!