Model Cars Magazine Forum

The lonestar is .....

Here are 31 photos of a Lonestar under construction - a few of these were used in the instruction sheet However only a few were used -

These have part numbers and should provide answers if you have questions regarding the exact location of parts.

This is one of several test shots that I built while we were developing the kit.

We have changed the format of our instruction sheets since LoneStar was produced. I think that the instructions in the Hudson are an improvement over the LoneStar instructions.

We are learning as we go - Suffice it to say that ProStar and Great Dane instructions will follow the format of the Hudson instructions not the format of LoneStar instructions.

Click here to see the photos - http://dmetzner.smug...20951335_4dFdS9 feel free to save them if you find them useful

Thanks,

Dave

Dave, you guys just keep on turning them out and I will keep on spending my money on them!

Guest Johnny

I just wish I could afford to buy one of those terrible to build kits! :lol:

Take a tourof a 1:1 car plant and see how much of that is a "perfect fit! :lol:

I'd say Moebius has done a great job as far as fitment goes! B)

These things aren't supposed to fall together on their own! :)

Well, I've seen some good points in this thread and respect the opinions of all who commented and have decided that I'm still going to buy and build a Lonestar... I love a build that is a challenge, that is what makes this hobby fun for me. I can see that this kit will be a challenge but, I have worked with worse... I have, in fact, built the Accurate Miniatures M8B MacLaren...lol! That engine and driveline was sooooo much fun!

I also appreciate Moebius and Dave's attitude toward their customers. Harry said it best in his post so I don't have to repeat it... Dave, thanks or the in-progress pics. I've saved them and will refer to them during my build.

Keep on building!!!

Yes the Lonestar kit has an autoshift. Eaton Fuller autoshifts have 3 pedals, Eaton Fuller ultrashifts have 2 pedals as do Meritor freedomline transmissions. The shift controls are located to the left of the cup holder. The top of the transmission has the servo controls located on it. To make it a full manual trans just grab a shifter and tranny top plate from the ole parts box and remove the shift control detail from the lower dash and replace it with another cup holder. Again thnx Dave and Moebius.

Hi guys, from australia, new to the forum, currently building a moebius lonestar. I think it is a great kit. The instructions could have been better but take into account this was moebius models first truck kit, plus it had 300 plus parts. I have also purchased a second lonestar that i intend to customise, a hudson hornet and batpod. The improvements on the instructions of the hornet and batpod are great. When I figure out how to post pictures I will start a thread with my build. cheers. Ben

On my first one, I set it back a couple of times to take breaks from it, but with patience, it came out pretty ell. I took what I learned from the first one, and those following it have all been much easier to build, and build up into some great kits. If you're wanting a daycab version, I'd recommend getting the resin copy, as it's a massive amount of work to do the conversion.

I would have to say that moebius is doing and excellent job. What model kit is perfect out of the box? Ive had italeri kits that were worse thank amt kits when it came to flash, warpage, fitment etc. its their first big truck, cut them some slack, were all could still be building 1970 freightliners. Im currently building my second lonestar and still have 0 complaints, the kit is amazing. I am ecstatic that theyre listening to their markets and creating new models. I cant wait for the prostar and the great dane to coe out and can only hope to see more.

Chad

The Lonestar is a great kit. Yes the Instructions are ummm Interesting I think the truck builds great take your time and I think you will get it right. BTW if you can't figure out where parts go there is this amazing invention called Goggle do a search for image and i'm sure you will find what you need as this is what I did. Here is some pictures of mine.International_transtar02.JPG

http://www.way2manyhobbies.com/International_lonestar.shtml More pictures

The Lonestar is a great kit. Yes the Instructions are ummm Interesting I think the truck builds great take your time and I think you will get it right. BTW if you can't figure out where parts go there is this amazing invention called Goggle do a search for image and i'm sure you will find what you need as this is what I did. Here is some pictures of mine.International_transtar02.JPG

http://www.way2manyh..._lonestar.shtml More pictures

This "google" thing you speak of? Is that all a part of this "internet" thing I have been hearing so much about? :P

Building a lonestar now what a amazing detailed kit instructions are a lil hard to follow the right side of engine was a bit tricky will post pics on ny thread asap will be priming cab later on tonight over all parts r fitting very well up to this point knock on wood

i don't like the truck at first 'cause we don't see this truck at all on the road.. even so ... i'm considering doing it even with all the bad vibes you folks gave it. even if the instructions are bad i don't mind the pain. i know i can build the truck. someday i'll buy it and build it. but from now on i have too many to do before i lay some cash on this.

i'll buy the pro star first if moebius really do it. that's a truck i can relate too. these we see on our roads!

Well im almost done most assembly on my lonestar and i LOVEEEEE it!!! great job dave and mobeuis!! ill definatley buy a couple more as well as a prostar and trailer!! everything fits nice, the instructions are good with the paragraphs, although they can be tricky at times trying to find the mounting holes on the instruction!