Model Cars Magazine Forum

Willys Gassers

Fender

These are the diecast Yat Mings that I stripped down and re-did and detailed. I hadn't seen these 41's for sale anywhere in years untill a couple weeks ago. I snagged up one for 35 at a Flea Market. I'm thinking about doing it up like these this Winter.

post-7811-0-34111500-1352954215_thumb.jp

post-7811-0-04920400-1352954293_thumb.jp

post-7811-0-76197500-1352954350_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

Wow- that is nice. I have been into the Willys since my Dad drove one home one day in 1961 when I was 5 years old. He sold it to our neighbor a few weeks after he got it for 400 or 600 bucks! That was alot of cash in 61. The neighbor had it painted gloss black. He brought it home right after it got painted. It had a great shine to it so naturally I had to write my name with my finger on the fresh paint about 5 times. I got in deep trouble over that. I remember my Dad saying it had an Olds engine in it.

I checked out your photos- your build kills mine!. I made the silver one after I saw a Willys pickup in a Hot Rod Deluxe mag. I don't know if you've ever seen it but man it is nice. It had a brake lever that was hooked up to the brake pedal so he could apply the brakes with his hand or foot. It had the blue windows too.

I hadn't seen the 1/18 diecast for sale anywhere ( I don't look on line) for about 10 years. I found one a couple months ago at a flea market and snagged it up instantly. I guess those are getting rare. I plan on doing it up eventually.

I'm just SE of Columbus near Canal Winchester. I've probably been thru your town- I used to drive big trucks. I've been all over Ohio many many times.

Edited by Fender

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Nice 1/43 Willys. I see some Universal Hobbies cars in that group.

I think I have most of UH editions and several extras to do some customizing on. There was a guy at the Toledo OH show that sold 1/43 decals for these but I lost his contact and never got any.

Need to find some

Nice 1/43 Willys. I see some Universal Hobbies cars in that group.

I think I have most of UH editions and several extras to do some customizing on. There was a guy at the Toledo OH show that sold 1/43 decals for these but I lost his contact and never got any.

Need to find some

Tom, I'm lookin' to "loosen my load" and sell my doubles. I am selling the UH red-white-blue "2D" car (no box), the red one behind it (K.S.Pittman) in white metal and the UH rose/pink Willys. PM me If you are interested. BTW I'd love to get in touch with that guy that has the 1/43 decals.

post-12601-0-01474600-1381919729_thumb.jpost-12601-0-22336000-1381919808_thumb.j