Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

mmmm guess i wll do more research online, did one search yesturday and nothing came up.

Nah, there's nothing out there . . . which is why a few folks are building their own. I'm hoping there will be something soon enough for us to be able to have some fun with when it comes to Zombie figures in 1/24th scale.

To let ya guy's know, I'm still banging away on the figures!! I got a little sidelined coz I crunched the nerves & tendons in my left wrist. As of right now, I'm wearing a brace on it. It's even hard typing this!! I've got three of the zombies ready to start casting, the other four are in various stages of completeness. I've even pushed my WW2 jeep to the side for now, hope this stoopid wrist heals soon!!!!!!!! :angry: As soon as I can, I'll be posting pics!! Bear with me for a bit!! Sixx

Well I tried fixing it but made it worse. now everything is sitting in the purple pond and I'm praying that it'll remove krylon.

Sorry it didn't work out there. BUT don't discount rattle cans with the salt technique. First off. Don't use table salt. Koscher salt for the win! It's a much heavier grain and easier to knock off after the top coat. THEN..........scrub it down with 70% rubbing alcohol. This will thin the paint down some, allowing the smaller pieces of salt to break away as well as feathering out the breaks in the paint.

These were done with koscher salt and rattle cans.

39chev004.jpg

002-1.jpg

100_0923.jpg

Feeling really bad about this build. I broke two major pieces for the chassis, and sadly do not possess the skills to modify my own chassis. *sigh*

I know everyone is going to say "keep at it" "it doesn't matter", but I think me and model cars are just two seperate beings.

That being said, I got a little work done. I might just have to unofficially enter this as a curb slammer or "glue bomb" as you guys describe. :(

Some pictures. I straightened out the box some, but it's supposed to look cobbled together. I was going to make it an old dresser, but now it will just be an open box.

"I'm a chef Jim, not Bob Vila!! "

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

Not likely, one was a strut that went flying somewhere into the depths of the workshop when I was slicing it off the tree. The other was a leaf spring that a small piece of the end snapped off, and is too small to glue together :(

I am fooling myself thinking I can scratch build something, but cars are not my forte....

Peeping Tom is done!

chassis:

DSC03573.jpg

photo shoot:

DSC03574.jpg

DSC03575.jpg

DSC03576.jpg

DSC03577.jpg

i used a flap or something from an airplane kit somebody else wasn't going to use for the shield for the guy that uses the scope.

leopard print seats are ripped a little bit.

alien head shifter knob and it actually goes to the transmission!

rear bumper pole thing is off center on purpose because "it does the job"

i removed the green windshield.

spikes in the front..

exhaust is running along the sides and welded in such a way "it does the job"

was a fun build!

Peeping Tom is done!

chassis:

DSC03573.jpg

photo shoot:

DSC03574.jpg

DSC03575.jpg

DSC03576.jpg

DSC03577.jpg

i used a flap or something from an airplane kit somebody else wasn't going to use for the shield for the guy that uses the scope.

leopard print seats are ripped a little bit.

alien head shifter knob and it actually goes to the transmission!

rear bumper pole thing is off center on purpose because "it does the job"

i removed the green windshield.

spikes in the front..

exhaust is running along the sides and welded in such a way "it does the job"

was a fun build!

Fantastic build, looks great, very realistic.

Not likely, one was a strut that went flying somewhere into the depths of the workshop when I was slicing it off the tree. The other was a leaf spring that a small piece of the end snapped off, and is too small to glue together :(

I am fooling myself thinking I can scratch build something, but cars are not my forte....

I had the exact same thing happen with the spring on my build. Instead I used a vertical piece of sprue with a bit of rubber on it (O rings or similar) to simulate air-bag suspension.

P1000451-vi.jpg

In fact, I had the problem on my second build too - a faulty molding in that case. I glued a small piece of sprue onto the chassis and filed it into shape.

Edited by otherunicorn

Feeling really bad about this build. I broke two major pieces for the chassis, and sadly do not possess the skills to modify my own chassis. *sigh*

I know everyone is going to say "keep at it" "it doesn't matter", but I think me and model cars are just two seperate beings.

That being said, I got a little work done. I might just have to unofficially enter this as a curb slammer or "glue bomb" as you guys describe. :(

Some pictures. I straightened out the box some, but it's supposed to look cobbled together. I was going to make it an old dresser, but now it will just be an open box.

"I'm a chef Jim, not Bob Vila!! "

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

Jamie it looks good so far! As far as the broken parts glue them back together add braces or what ever you need it doesen't have to look perty! These cars are fixed in the feild with what the crew has on hand or can find!! Neetness doesn't count!!! PK