Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/48 Tamiya Fw190 D-9--Her Last "Hoorah"

• 8 months later...

This one went to the Capitol Classic show in Austin as well. Ironically it placed 3rd behind my Stuka Indifferent. I was a little weirded out by that because I've always considered this to be my best effort aircraft build wise but hey, she placed.:D

Edited by mustang1989

• 4 months later...

After the upper and lower wing separated at the wing root on the starboard wing in transit to the last show I went to with this one I didn't think I'd be able to enter it in another contest. I was able, however, to repair it and make it presentable for her last appearance on the show circuit before retiring her to the display case for good.

She won 1st place in the category and then something I didn't see coming was this:

A special award for Best WWII Axis Aircraft in Show:

She went out with a bang....

001_zps32opre4e.jpg

Given all that's happened over the last few days with my wife this is a momentary distraction from it. Thanks to all who have voice concern and prayers, Joe

Edited by mustang1989

Thanks Kevin and Scott. Yeah I was unsure if I was going to be able to do anything with it but I made it work fairly well. You can see it if you look close enough (and is what knocked me out of getting Best Aircraft in Show-It was between me and this 1/32 scale F-4 Phantom which I was totally flattered that it was even being considered for that) but other than that it looks fine.

Thanks Wayne!:D

I may try to run her at the Nationals in '18 of they're going to be at San Antonio

Good luck with that, Joe. I've never, ever entered the nationals, even though I've been to several. In 2017, I intend to rectify that in Omaha, entering (I hope) at least four different categories.

Edited by Roadrunner