Model Cars Magazine Forum

adhesive

ok I have an idea , but not glue , but the same mega sticky adhesive they use on 3M double sided molding tape , if I can find such a thing I can brush it on the back of wire and stick it anywhere and have no worry about a glue bomb mess ,,, you men are smart , you know these things , put your thinking caps on !!! , so the same sticky stuff they use on this 019_zps5b15ec24.jpg

I didn't post on your thread about the guitar wire trim because someone mentioned tacky glue, for a name anyway. This is not what your looking for above but will work the same. I use Microscale Liquitape for gluing all sorts of toudg jobs the other standards don't like. I use it for temporary mockups which is the main intent of the product. It's a white, thickish liquid that dries clear and remains tacky forever. I recently used it to glue some windows I made that would not stay with the typical window glues. The access was tough and the tacky glue worked beautiful . and they can be pushed back on if they come loose.

I would try applying a small bead with a toothpick along the back of the wire. It will take a thin bead I'm sure. You have all the time in the world to place the after letting it dry clear. You can clean up non-cured glue with water but once dry you need paint thinner. As long as the wire trim doesn't need the strength to hold down a piece bent away from the interior piece it will stay fine.

I should have posted this in the other thread, but here it is anyway