Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 lowrider tour!

wgflatliner

Alright so here's my update, pics from the iPad.

I masked the areas that I wanted to keep the pearl green gold, and left the areas exposed that I wanted to paint the dark green pearl. I'm at work right now so the paint will have to be applied tonight when I get home.

I did draw shamrocks on the tape and cut them out with the exacto. If you want to have a mirrored design, draw the design on the non sticky side of the masking tape, then lay down another piece on top of it with the sticky side up (tape it down if you have to) then trace the design with a pencil on the sticky side. Once it's drawn take it and flip it back over. This should give you the mirrored image.

Anyways, here is some pics.

5c5d7a10.jpg

f95eb55d.jpg

7660b556.jpg

If you guys need any clarification on anything, please ask and I will do my best to answer.

photobucket is having issues tonight.

anyways here's some pics.

DSC03659.jpg

DSC03660.jpg

DSC03661.jpg

DSC03664.jpg

i took the tape off completely and once it's all cured, i'll start doing some fading on some edges to smooth them out, and will add some other touches of different colors.

two more pics up next

as soon as

as promised.

DSC03662.jpg

DSC03663.jpg

The sides are going to have fades on the edges of the bottom half of the panels to clean them up a bit.

i'll definitely liven it up a bit. I am doing the hood and trunk last because once i have the body done, it'll be easier to work on matching the paint designs.

thanks for looking!

Guest JamesDE

James, are those the new Supremes that Pegasus is supposed to bring out? Way cool.

LOL..... You're the third person that's asked me that tonite..... No, those are from the 70 impala, I just removed the outer lip and had to warm the 5.20 tire so it would fit over the rim without the whitewall popping out.... I can't wait for Pegasus to release them though...

Everyone is doing great things in here!

Once again thanks for showing the technique's you used to do your paint work Mark.

Very impressive so far, looks awesome in the last mock up pic.

You and Virgil convinced me I would be better of using an air-brush to do patterns,So I scored a new dual action air-brush kit yesterday.

Now I just need to get the 65 Chevelle and 65 Impala done so I can try do some patterns on a build.

Thanks for all the inspiration in this thread/topic,keep up the good work fella's.

Edited by Cool Hand