Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

I wonder if the trim will be separate? Ranger/XLT, Explorer, and Custom side trim and tailgate panels are all different. Apologies if this has already been addressed in the previous 29 pages, but I read the post religiously and don't remember seeing any answer.beltline molding, but no

EDIT** I see the test sprues have what appear to be the Ranger/XLT beltline molding. Based on this, I would assume the appropriate tailgate panels will be included for at least the Ranger/XLT

It's likely that they've only finished the complete tooling for the first kit (1971 XLT), and will go back and do new slide-mold inserts for the other trim levels later.

It's likely that they've only finished the complete tooling for the first kit (1971 XLT), and will go back and do new slide-mold inserts for the other trim levels later.

Yer more or less correct . No , I'm NOT at liberty to say who I have inside knowledge with either ...................

• 2 weeks later...

Art,

That makes perfect sense. The way the grilles were arranged on the sprue tree in the picture, didn't look like they could be easily separated out for individual issues. But that just goes to prove I'm the amateur and you're the pro!

I'm all for as many versions as Moebius wants to issues.

It happens- the first Moebius Hornet I built was from a test shot- it was in the '53 box, but had the '52 grille and hood ornament (in addition to the '53 parts, obviously) as well as both the full covered wheels and the plated open steel wheels, the latter of which were not in the '53 coupe kit (but did make it into the '52 Convertible as an option). It also had two pairs of wing vents on the clear sprue for some reason. Shortly after I got the kit Dave Metzner mentioned that the '53 coupe kit would not include the aformentioned parts.

I've been through the test shots for the first two kits - all the notes, and photos of parts that need revision went off to the factory last Friday afternoon.

Most of the revisions are details, just lots of details to look at on two trucks.

I hope to hear sometheing from the factory before too long. Keep in mind that they go on about a two week break for Chinese New Year next week.

Actually the 4 inch wide chrome trim for the Ranger XLT will be separate parts designed to fit over the bump - pretty much like the real truck.

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

Has anyone started checking for prices on this kit?

A couple of sites (Tower Hobbies and Mega Hobby) show a MSRP of $35 and discounted prices of about $27-28.

It will be interesting to see if they show up at Hobby Lobby...........a 40% off coupon would put their price at $28, assuming they use the MSRP of $35.

A couple of sites (Tower Hobbies and Mega Hobby) show a MSRP of $35 and discounted prices of about $27-28.

It will be interesting to see if they show up at Hobby Lobby...........a 40% off coupon would put their price at $28, assuming they use the MSRP of $35.

$35 minus 40% is $21. :)

Does Hobby Lobby by you carry any Moebius stuff? The one by me has never had any.

Edited by hpiguy

$35 minus 40% is $21. :)

Does Hobby Lobby by you carry any Moebius stuff? The one by me has never had any.

Wow, you can tell I am getting sleepy, my math is failing me! :P

I have seen the Hudsons in a couple and I will be near one tomorrow so I will check then. I have heard that if you can find the person responsible for the model aisle, you might be able to persuade them to order things.