Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

I was talking to Dave & Art about these. Dave has to build the second test shots (the two displayed at NNLE are the first) and make sure he approves of the kit. Then it's time to talk box art & packaging. I'd guess late summer.

I've stared at that last picture for so long that my eyes are watering - between that and the saliva that dripped onto my leyboard, I've had to change the keyboard out.. ohhhh I want a couple of those long boxes so bad that I can't see straight..... :rolleyes::wub::wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What are they waiting for. My interest is waining.

They are not waiting, you.. impatient one.

They are just making sure it is accurate and bug free. Apparently it has taken a few revisions to get it just right, but as for me, I'd rather wait than getting a "could have been better" kit. If anything, it seems to me that Moebius announced the kit at the time they were starting on it (which is fine by me too). And the amount of time that has passed is just the amount of time it took to make. Would you rather have it like Revell and Round 2 does it, announcing kits only two or three months before they hit the store shelves?

Would you rather have it like Revell and Round 2 does it, announcing kits only two or three months before they hit the store shelves?

I agree with you 100% on Moebius taking their time to make the kit as good as they can, but with the Revell and Round2 kits, it's a whole other ballgame. The Moebius Fords are a completely new, from-the-floor up project, while 99% of what Revell and Round2 are releasing are either straight or modified reissues- you can announce those a lot closer to the planned arrival date than you can with an all-new tool.

The difference is we've been in the loop since this kit was just beginning development. Other manufacturers wait until the tooling is finished. Maybe Moebius wanted to gauge reaction before they had committed large amounts of money to the project

Can you imagine the feeding frenzy when these kits hit Ebay??? It will be nauseating, I am sure, to see what the first ones sell for.

Perhaps the M.K. '69 since it will have that 5k "Limited Edition" tag, but it's not like there's ever really a shortage of new kits. I saw in another thread people lamenting the lack of '70 Cudas because the next batch wasnt coming until this month because it's being run of with the Sox & Martin kit that's coming at the end of the month. But the LHS by my office has TWO of them just sitting there since they were released.