Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 70.5 ADRL Extreme Pro Mod Camaro Update: 6/4 addition of wheelie bar

this is how I am going to do mine

Thanks Henry, based on the Picture it looks like they are roughly 4-6" off the ground, making the bottom bars Parallel to the ground plane. The only thing I don't know is if this is just because he is in the shop or if this is where they would ride all the time.

Those wheelie bars look awesome. Did you custom make them or of the shelf?

Thanks Kane for the complement, I am happy with the way they are working out. I am not aware of any wheelie bars off the shelf,.... well now that I think about it I guess there are some 1/16 scale funny car diecast. But to answer your question they are or will be scratch built out of styrene and stainless steel tubing. I was going to go with all styrene, but find them to be extremely flexible and wanted something with a little more rigidity to them. But with me... this could change a couple days from now. LOL

• 3 months later...

Thanks Guys for the interest! Unfortunately the rest of the year for me, I will have to put my stuff on the Back Burner for now. :(

Joe/Chris, I haven't forgotten about this project. Just have been extremely busy with Work (traveling) and doing some side work things. Been working on another Chassis and based on the way it is going together I may have to push this one to the side and start over. I think that if I do start over, I am going to stretch out the body to the proper 115" wheelbase and build a new chassis. LOL :D

I broke down and spent my hard earned money on some new tools, and must say buying the attachments and the cutting bits has been my nemesis! Because I would start a project and find that I didn't have the attachment or cutting bit needed. Then would have to wait.... such a pain in the neck!

Since early August. I broke down and purchased a Sherline Lathe and a nice Grizzly shop mill. So I have been working on multiple projects for my car ranging from new wheels to rear end parts. Thanks to "VintageDragfan - Bill" and another KC Slammer member, I have all the great support to really push my talents hopefully to that next level.

Bill...don't I wish that was an option!

In Colorado Springs this week, come home for the weekend. Then turn around and fly out to the Philippines for 2 1/2 weeks. October is not a good month for me to do anything.

Joe, i will see if I can post some of my pics off of my Tablet to Photobucket and get them uploaded here for ya to take a look.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...