Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Hornet's Nest: Hudson Hornet Build Madness!

Dr. Cranky

I have Ordered one of the Hudsons and when It gets here and My Wife Asks What Do you need with another Model, I'm Going To Tell Her it's Virgil's Fault!

I think most of our wives know it's all Virgil's fault ... mine always says "I'll just send Virgil the bill!"

I'm lovin' all of the projects here in "The Hornets Nest", I'd like to play along too!

I didn't get mine done in time to show it with Bills during our build up set, so with the good Doctors permission:

The inspiration:

GrayHudson-vi.jpg

My version:

PICT0035-vi.jpg

Kinda plain, nothing fancy, just the way I like them!

Len Carsner

Edited by Len Carsner

And once again I say, "I BLAME YOU, DR. CRANKY!!!" For financial reasons, I was going to wait to get the Hornet but... I picked one up at my LHS, yesterday! Looking hard at this thread and at other references, I'm still not sure how to build it... I do know that I'll end up building more than one... Thanks again, Doc! This is the cure for what ails me! :P;)^_^

Wanted a wacky paint scheme for mine, so I thought why not go with an actual hornet pattern scheme? I painted the body a light green to represent the 'original' color, then went over that with black primer and yellow paint to create the paint job.

HUDSON001-vi.jpg

Yup, that's cool, Daddy-O! So obvious, yet so unexpected. Keep up the Hornet madness, you guys.

But of course, where are you going to put the stinger? It's got to have a stinger! :D

:lol: Funny! I was thinking the same thing, Cranky!

Maybe a long, thin and RUSTY tailpipe coming straight outta the middle with "barbs" on it?

BTW, AWESOME work so far, everyone! I want to get one of these now after seeing all of the GREAT eye candy, BUT, I just have waaaay too many projects on the bench ATM..

Edit: Drew this up in paint real quick... maybe something kinda like this for the stinger? (Not much of an artist, as you can see.. LOL,)

Tailpipe side view:

stingertailpipe.jpg

Edited by Wayne Buck