Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Photobucket

Guest G Holding

Guest G Holding

Will be gone in less than one month, At least thats what they told me. :wacko:

So with that in mind (and less space free later) I switched....and didn't like it.

But I have to live with it, so I played....and found out if you set it to open in the "your library" mode..NOT "Home" it looks and works better than the old now. You see all your albums, displayed in the order you set them in, in a text / file look, displaying what you used to see....BUT no more setting "all pages"...keep scrolling, they are all there, with all links.

I am starting to like it......WAIT....I LIKE IT ?????? B)

YUP......NOT BAD B) B)

Hey Greg... I use photobucket as well and I am going to hate switching to the new one. I did try it once and switched back to the old one. I may have to try your method. My biggest complaint with he new one is that it did not keep the pics in order in the folders I have set up. Maybe I need to give it another try but I really like how the old one is set up because I can move around it pretty quick. I have different folders for different builds that I keep my pics in and I have one build that I am up to page #24 on it. Hopefully the new one gets better

I think they made some changes to the new version to make it easier to use. Like most people I switched back to the old version a couple of months ago after trying the new version. I felt lost in the new version.

I switched over to the new one again today but I do find it easier to use now. :)

I can't find how to switch back to the old after it changed me back to the new randomly ....

I don't think you can change back to the old format anymore. After Feb 3rd or 6th they are no longer supporting the old beta version, so it's the new version only.

I don't link to have to scroll down and wait for all the images to load, but it's not much worse than having to click "all images" every time I go into an album. Then again, it's free, and I have a ton of pics in two albums, so I really have nothing to complain about.

I'm on and older Mac OS (Tiger). Their early beta version of the new, revised site meant the old site wouldn't work with that OS anymore, and my screen went blank every time I tried to use it. But their most recent version has restored my access. Plus, it's easier to use than before.

Edited by sjordan2

Guest G Holding

Try it guys....is alI can say. I used the old without any issues...the new does have some neat security deals..No issues now, so I think they have it!

OOOH..500 posts, OHANAHOOD :wub:B)

Edited by G Holding

Well, I switched back to the new version, and I know change is always supposed to be good, but I still don't like it. It's boring ugly, and it takes longer to load pics on the forum. I'm sure I'll get used to it, and will be running it with my eyes closed just like the old version........Then they'll change it again........ :huh:

You might want to get yours changed soon to lock in more storage!

I logged in one day to fin d the change.

Found the Fix button and returned to Old format. Got a Questionare asking why.

I explained and they said thank you for your input. Got an email the other day

saying that they were Forcing the change to all. I am looking at other locations to

maybe transfer all my albums.

Flickr seams most likely, though I do have an UploadingIt account.

Use to have a webshots, but I believe they completely closed or sold.

Hey Dan, try Picasa. They're free, unlimited space as long as each picture is under 1MB I think it is. They also have a downloadable desktop program for organizing photos (I don't use it but I'm sure some people find it useful). And its not blocked by proxy at work so I can see all your pictures! ;)

Guest G Holding

It is usable but if I want to get to my earlier pics I have to keep scrolling down which seems to take too much time.The old photobucket was easier because you could quickly click to the last page and find the images faster.

So reverse the order of your stored images...........

Guest G Holding

I'll try that If i knew how!

After log in , click your user name, menu will show "user settings"..click. find "albums" tab (your on "personal" now)

First box will allow you to set new albums, the box under that will allow all albums to be set

I just finished going through my pics in PB and tried to get them into folders (albums) such as street machine, customs, street rods, etc. This is an attempt to get organized before being forced to the new version that I don't like. If push comes to shove, maybe I'll try to learn something new like fotki.