Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slixx is not going to go out of business!

Guest Johnny

This might be a dumb question, did slixx change owners, or is there something I am missing ? I have to be honest, I stopped doing business with them when they stopped with the NASCAR decals, so I might of missed something

The outrageous amounts teams, drivers, sponsors and Nascar wanted for licensing is why they stopped doing the Nascar decals.

Same owners but it seems that they wanted to get out of the business and found that no one else would be able to take over doing their stuff because of the licensing issues.

The outrageous amounts teams, drivers, sponsors and Nascar wanted for licensing is why they stopped doing the Nascar decals.

Same owners but it seems that they wanted to get out of the business and found that no one else would be able to take over doing their stuff because of the licensing issues.

Its the same reason why Revell stopped making NASCAR kits, thanks for the info

That's great news!

I found it unbelievable that they would not be around.

Not being familiar with the legalities, I thought that certainly someone else would pick up the ball.

As has already been stated, there's no one else really doing this stuff (vintage drag racing)at their level. There have been several companies that have come and gone and I found myself regretting not pulling the trigger and missing the boat on some really cool subject matter. Bad Habit comes to mind.

There are also some new decal guys doing some really great stuff and while I have bought from them, the lions share of what I have accumulated is by Slixx.

Now if only the elements of time and space would align so's I could start using 'em...

I only hope they change their practices regarding their quarter panel sheets. I wanted to do a particular race car and the sheets they offered had all the markings I needed BUT I would have had to buy 4 sheets (at a cost of over $30-$40 now) to get the logos for 1 car. And then have a bunch of stuff I didn't want left over. Too much. Focus on one car or condense into 2 sheets with other useful markings.

Edited by The Junkman

Manny ,

You're a smart man , think about it ! There are ways and then there are ways , capice ? Too many licensing fees , people that say no to them , etc ! Yet , you are still able to build that particular drag car , right ?

Trade off what you don't use or want from the sheets . Go to their site , look at the decal sheets and start putting two and two together , you'll catch on soon enough !

By the way , really enjoy your work !

The Old Man

Got my order yesterday. Impeccable quality and service, as expected! They set the standard for the industry. As far as needing 4 sheets to make one decal, I think its a good thing, only Special Appearance Decals and Slixx has the moxie to print what they do.

Edited by Draggon