Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 1/12 Camaro Super GT Touring car.... ENGINE update 4-21-14

Kenny, another wild ride! I love it!!...Joe

Thanks Joe! Now comes the fun part.....sanding it to smooth :unsure:

Yup, my kid likes it too. Sent the link to Brian and he said it looks awesome, great stance too.....

Cool Kerry! The chassis will be a mix of the Camaro and the BMW...and it will definitely sit this low when done.....I dont care what it takes! :D

Thanks Gary! I am currently working on the engine.......it is a twin turbo 572 ci Nelson Racing mill. Got the turbos all scratched, working on the headers, wastegates, and blow off valves. Gonna post some pics tonight of the turbos.... I made the impellers out of aluminum sheet.

Please post a bunch of the turbo. I need to make a few for the f40

Sure thing Gary! I used Apoxie Sculpt wrapped around a pipe that was attached to the trumpet of the 69 Camaro air filter cones, :lol: the center section of the turbo is from some 1/12 drive axles I had laying around....... There is still a little more work to be done before painting them, but you get the idea of where I am heading with them. You can also see the Bypass valves in the picture that will be mounted to the intake assembly....still working on the wastegates and headers.

P1020804_zpsdcc448ca.jpg

P1020806_zps1171e792.jpg

P1020807_zpsa34b0087.jpg

P1020809_zpsd0ccbf1f.jpg

P1020810_zps8c2ecf31.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy

Thanks Gary! The putty is a two part epoxy that works just like clay. You have 3 hours of working time until it starts to harden, after 24 hours you have to use darn near 80-150 grit to sand it. Oh, while it is soft you can use water to smooth it out just like clay.

Great job on the turbo's. This is a great project. Looking foward to more.

Thanks Bob, and thanks for following along!

Looking good!!!!!!

Thank you Kerry! B)

Plastic welded the BMW race car front chassis to the 69 Camaro back end chassis today, and did some more work on the rear of the body to get ready for the LARGE diffuser! :lol:

Thank you Steve! B)

I will post a few pics later of where I am at on the engine........the intake manifold (scratchbuilt) in the picture is almost done and one of the headers as well. Oh yeah, I also got it to sit on the wheels finally this weekend. :)

Ken. Work is over rated. Stay home and build models. The engine looks great and the vents are awesome

:lol: Thanks Gary! you are too much!!

I am thinking about the livery on this build.......I am back and forth between Compuware and Red Bull. Want to have yellow in it though!

Edited by Kennyboy