Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nnl West March 1, 2008

Gregg

Looks like it was an awesome show and that to me it would be hard to select one out of all those beautifuls cars "my opinion they were all show stoppers and i hope this doesnt discourage people to attend and contribute to the nnl's in the future.

peace

ajulia

Thanks, Brendon and Curt. I couldn't have said it better.

This is quite right, and please knock off any notion of improprieties during the counting of the votes/ballots for Peoples’ Choice at the NNL West.

This happens sometimes, and that’s just the way it is.

If accusations are being made about the staff and vote counting at the show, please be very careful of what you say.

I will not tolerate any slander or defamation against those who I know and trust and treat as people with some of the highest standards in the modeling community.

Enough said.....

Thanks, Brendon and Curt. I couldn't have said it better.

This is quite right, and please knock off any notion of improprieties during the counting of the votes/ballots for Peoples’ Choice at the NNL West.

This happens sometimes, and that’s just the way it is.

If accusations are being made about the staff and vote counting at the show, please be very careful of what you say.

I will not tolerate any slander or defamation against those who I know and trust and treat as people with some of the highest standards in the modeling community.

Enough said.....

And well said...The folks who put this on bust their tails, and I can't thank them enough for their efforts ;)

dude with all due respect its pretty simple: youre given a slip to fill out your peoples choice on and you put it in the drum and then they count the ballots and the one with the most votes win. it is *not* best of show, it is peoples choice. people sometimes make choices that dont relate to quality (not that im saying the winner wasnt quality, im not even sure what won to tell the truth because "winning" seems sort of beside the point), just the same way juries sometimes acquit people based on emotional response that a judge would convict strictly on the basis of law. typically in my experience its often the largest entry that gets peoples choice because it gets peoples attention. and a lot of people dont even vote for peoples choice (like me...i didnt because i forgot to). so peoples choice is sort of a "giveaway" thing though in the case of the NNL, where most attendees are builders themselves, it probably has more credibility than your average contest in conjunction with something else like a full size car show. anyway like gregg said, sometimes peoples choice just goes like that.

in retrospect, i personally would have chosen something completely different for my "peoples choice" but thats because im me. kind of obvious really.

it was a great day, nice saying hi to gregg and watching him take photos and even better to see another years crop of great models and meet great people. always gets me motivated to go to this show...wish there were more nearby.

I agree, Bill!

It was great to meet you in person

I love putting a name to a face, or email to a face, as the case may be.

Your Tub was fantastic!

Great to see that you build so well also!

It really was a great show.

We have to put the idiosyncrasies of the voting/ballots behind us.

We all have our favorite model or models of the show

My favorite model of course was.............

cool bro youve got a tone of class in my book bro

you actually posted a reply(it was long as hel# and took me to log to read LOL) on biggs build

your a class act bro now you have my respect

othereppl would have left it alone but you didnt i like that

thank for going the distance bro

I was so busy shopping, taking pictures, and watching my kids so I didn't really get to meet anyone except Albert W. because I knew what he looked like. Chatted a bit with Steve H. who I haven't seen in 3 years, his daughters are probably a foot taller since I saw them last. Saw many familiar faces, people that I spoke with at previous shows, but it's so hectic you can't really find anyone standing still.

What a fun day, can't wait until next year.

• 3 months later...

I really enjoyed reading this topic and the posts ;):blink: Wish they had an imodicon for "tongue in cheek"

I hope everyone who gets involved in these discussions has a "REAL LIFE", because if plastic is all you have - In my opinion - your in trouble ;) !!

I've been building an entering contests for over 50 years now :blink::lol: , and if anyone thinks contests are un-biased, you need to step out of your denial! I've been on both ends; judged and judge, and heard it all. As far as people's choice - who do you think are the majority voting? :o

Maybe the contestants and their family and friends? And who gets tired of the same person winning year after year. Sure, the count is valid, and so are the votes, but in this particular case, and others, the voters didn't necessarily vote for someone else's model they liked - they voted against the guy that wins time and again.

Seen it happen over and over in the past, and it'll keep happening as long as there are wannabee's with entitlement issues,who need their ego's built up using plastic - GO FIGURE.

SORRY, but to be really honest - these models are childrens toy's that evolved into playthings for men.

When I was a kid men didn't play with model kit's, and if they did we stayed away from them because they were looked at as weird. Yes I play with childrens toys, but at least I understand the truth and the analogy.

I compete very rarely anymore. Dissapointing to hear the back-stabbing and see good up and coming builders treated so badly and they leave the hobby. And we wonder why the hobby is dying.

The saddest evolution I've seen in this hobby, especially at contests, is that winning is very seldom about being the best, and paying your dues to get there. IT'S JUST ABOUT WINNING-ANYWAY YOU CAN!! SAD ;) !!

SOLUTION? Build for fun first, and encourage other's. :lol:

Edited by Treehugger Dave