Model Cars Magazine Forum

About 85% complete. Almost there.

I repainted the body parts. Now comes the fun part, decaling. When you look at the bumper you will see what I mean. The blue pinstripes on the bumper are from the Kangaroo Decals pinstripes and scrolls set, light blue. I will do the doors, and hood panels the same way, but these are thin, so it takes patience. I wish I had some blue numbers for the bumper. Anyhow, enjoy the pix, and thank you all for your encouragement.DSC00034.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

I know this model isn't perfect, but it is the first thing I've done in 10 years. I kept the Diamond Reo air cleaner from the original build.

Thanks Tim. If you look at the cover truck on the Autocar brochure I posted, that's where I got the idea for the stripes. The bumper stripes at least. The cab and hood will have the same pattern. I really think it does well for an early 70's look.

As intricate as these stripes are, it's best to take lots of breaks in between, as they will try your patience. I hope you enjoy the results. I'm debating on doing the fenders. It seems natural to stripe them, too. I just don't wanna overdo it.

latestprogress007.jpg

Here they are in progress. Just connect the dots. :D

latestprogress.jpg

This actually was fun, just time consuming. It and the luberfiners are all I did today.

latestprogress009.jpg

latestprogress011.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I'm very close to completion now. Just a minor detail or two to work out. I thought I would share today's progress with you. With a few interruptons, I got the chrome installed, and mounted the cab, as well as some other very minor things. . Enjoy the shots.

interior.jpg

almostdonerear.jpg

upcloseandpersonaldriversside.jpg

almostdonepassengerside.jpg

I may finish this old girl up tomorrow. And, again, as always, thank you all for looking, and for the encouragement.

I didn't get a great deal done, but I did manage to add some details. Mostly under the hood, or at least related to it.

overheadviewofradiatorbraces.jpg

Here is the NTC 350 from the right...

CumminsNTC350rightside.jpg

...and the left.

CumminsNTC350leftside.jpg

Thanks for the compliments given earlier. Trailer hookups, and one or two final touches, then I can finish the trailers for this beast. Probably at 95% complete now.

Thanks for looking.