Model Cars Magazine Forum

finished Amt 60 Chevy truck street machine, started quick bu

Gray Smith

Well first i'll show a quickie build that I finished last night, I started it oh..5-6 years ago when the kit first came out, was gonna do a straight box stock build over a weekend, got the engine and chassis done, then found out the ride height was set too high...put it back in the box and it waited...its the amt 60 chevy street machine truck, now it has no interior, no motor(inline 6 is good for a street rod) and the wheels are super glued to the front fenders to give it the rake, its also my first attempt at chrome foil (not bare metal foil but aluminum tape which is a little thicker). Paint is testors go mango enamel, with a pearl white clear coat.. its been very quickly finished so its far from perfect, I just wanted this one done...

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01342.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

Next project is a pro shop 66 nova, i'm again going for a quick build here, but i'm going to strip the body and repaint it, and lower it with possibly some more pro touring-ish rims and tires...I may add some basic detailing to it as well.

DSC01340.jpg

then after that....what shall I work on?...

DSC01337.jpg