Model Cars Magazine Forum

Poncho completed!!!!!

cruz

Beautiful job, Marcos!! Even though you said the blue didn't quite turn out the way you wanted, it still suits that car well. What color is it? Also, is that the AMT 62 Catalina? I've not ever really been too much of a fan of the bigger Ponchos, I've always been a Trans Am sort of guy myself, but seeing this one just might change my mind! :)

That is suppose to be Pontiac Bristol Blue from Scalefinishes but, before I make a mistake and belittle my friends at Scalefinishes, it was my fault that it didn't turn out the shade I wanted, I absolutely love the paint, so thank you Scalefinishes, I will be doing more business with you guys. ;)

Yes, this is the AMT kit, I have a WIP thread on this build under the "workbench" section and will be adding a few more photos later. I think it's a great kit and I am very happy how it turned out.

By the way Dave, thanks but I should be getting some pointers from you man, what the heck are you talking about.... :):unsure:

WOW! My favorite builder comes through again with another fantastic build. I absolutely love the color and I like the fact that you didn't disturb it with any decals my friend, leave it just the way it is, it will be hard to see a better one built. Interior is just awesome man and those slicks look like they are ready for some serious racing!

What a terrific build Marcos, magazine cover work! Your paint work is always on the mark, this thing is flawless, just looks so real. Now, how the heck did you get that side/rear BMF to look so good? I tried doing mine and got so frustrated that I just put it away, never could get it right. You really set the bar way high on this gorgeous build man.

What a terrific build Marcos, magazine cover work! Your paint work is always on the mark, this thing is flawless, just looks so real. Now, how the heck did you get that side/rear BMF to look so good? I tried doing mine and got so frustrated that I just put it away, never could get it right. You really set the bar way high on this gorgeous build man.

Thanks Kevin, I really appreciate your input as well as everybody elses! For that side/rear BMF, I had to be careful when doing it, had to use a sanding stick to work around the top edge without ruining the paint. Pictures below will tell the story.....

PonchoProject14008-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

PonchoProject14012-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

PonchoProject14017-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

PonchoProject14022-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Marcos, your Ponty came out PERFECT!!! I'm REALLY impressed with the interior, My Brother-in-law Mike had one and his was Coppery Brown, with that gorgeous three toned interior! You got THAT rascal DOWN with your detailing! To ME, THAT really makes the whole car! I ALWAYS thought that seat pattern was SOOOO cool, When you see it for real, those cars were the Mookie Dook!!!! GREAT BUILD!!!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

Absolutely beautiful!! The paint and interior are fantastic.

Is that red oxide primer you used on the underside of the floorboards?

Thanks guys! Yes, that is red primer on the chassis floorboard, also from Scalefinishes.