Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Focus Wrc

Wildrice

Well my tribute build to Colin McRae is finished. Tamiya kit. GM White basecoat / Tamiya Racing Blue. Dupont clear. Scale Motorsports photoetch parts. All detail paint was done with Tamiya paint. Antennas made from straight pins. Not a show winner but a fun build in tribute to an awesome racecar driver. RIP Colin. This was built for an online contest at TMM and SRL.

Real Car Pic

2001_ford_6.jpg

My Build

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

IMG_5642.jpg

All pics can be seen here:

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w256/JT...-SRL%20Contest/

looks pretty good to me.the only thing missing is dirt.seriously though I always felt that his passing was way too soon.are those the decals that came with the kit or did you have to do some mixing and matching?

Kit decals. They went on pretty good for older Tamiya kits.

I always loved this car with that paint. ;) We certainly lost a great pioneer of rally. :rolleyes:

Were the paint/decals hard to do?

The paint isnt just right. Its hard to determine where to put the blue. Decals went on pretty good. I used micro sol mixed 50/50 with water. On the ones that went on the front I set the car in the dehydrator to help them conform.