Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi guys.

Does anybody have good pictures from new Ford GT chassis? I’m building the ´08 ALMS Ford GT Falken (GT2) and would like to see some good reference photos. Pics from the interior and body I already have. The chassis and engine ones will be nice!

Thanks.

Edited by Drago

I don't have any pictures of the chassis, but the car is off the production line for its chassis. Most of the modifications are in the body and the suspension layout. Then some modifications to the motor. The way the GT2 rules are is that they can't do too much modifications to the chassis. Hope this helps.

I was at the ALMS race at Laguna Seca last year and had a chance to see the car close up. The guy standing there guarding the car told me there was only moderate changes to the chassis. All the suspension components were lightened up and stiffened up, but the changes were not that noticeable to the untrained eye. I think if you took some material off the suspension pieces and painted them to look like magnesium you should be OK. The exhaust system was modified pretty heavily, so that may be an area of concern. Hope this helps.

Brendan, thanks for the tips!

Elan, I already got some good pictures of these parts. I notice that magnesium effect you mentioned. Thanks.

Spyder, thanks for the link but unfortunately there is none that helps me.

I’m looking for some like this:

underbraces.jpg or even better…

Thanks anyway guys!

‘Still looking…

The silver car in the above link is one of the cars I saw at Laguna Seca. Notice the billet suspension pieces? All of the upper and lower A-arms were billet along with the hub carriers, they really didn't have that much shine to them. So a gunmetal or dull magnesium paint should do the trick. Everything else was dirty flat black. Hope this helps. I've never seen the street version in person, so I can't make much of a comparsion.

• 2 weeks later...