Power four-wheel disc brakes (Formula/Trans Am) $162

Heavy-duty battery $23

Heavy-duty alternator $51

Trans Am Special Edition with hatch roof $1443

Trans Am special performance package $481

Cruise control $116

Toal minus Freight, Licensing/registering and taxes, $9718

Guest madazzskilzkustumz

Hay Nick that is quite a improvement over your previous models. Nice work on the bottom. B) But may be you should go back to those doors like you did for the wheels. Glad to be help! Thanks Jimmy! :)

Lookin' good! What kind of wire are you using for your brake & fuel lines?

Not sure David, found it underneath the clamps in my tool box.

Maybe i should just start sending you all my stuff taht needs to be detailed! ;)

keep at it and youll be one of the greats one day kiddo! :lol:

Jeff.

Jeff, you'd never get them back :lol:

I think I need to build Mine... Anyone have a set of the Gold "Fire Chicken" decals?? I'd like to build the copy of one I used to own....

MyTA3.jpg

Kevin, I don't want to overtake Nick's great work, but I just have to say I think this is the first T/A I've seen with a 4.9 Liter equipped with a Shaker! I love the later Snowflake wheels, too!

Also, by the way, you have to watch the decals for the hood on these year T/As. The non turbo and Shaker equipped cars use the bird that is on your 1:1, but if you look at the pic Nick posted in his second post in this thread of the box art of the kit, the Turbo bird is completely different. The non turbo bird looks to the passenger side of the hood and has a small flame coming out of the beak, but the Turbo bird faces the drivers side and a large flame that was designed to fit the turbo "bump" in the hood. Of course, the bird in the 10th Anniversary kit I seen you mention in an earlier post, is a unique bird to that car. That bird is called the "SuperBird", it is larger than the regular bird and the only bird ever put on a T/A to extend off the hood and onto the front fenders.

One last thing, then back to Nick's build, I have a set of birds that might work for your build of your 1:1, but they are for a 1/8 scale kit. If you can make your own decals or know someone who could do that for you, PM me and I will send you the scan I have of them. Of course, since they are for a 1/8 scale kit, they would also have to be resized to fit the 1/25 scale hood. A 1/25 scale T/A could park on the hood of my 1/8 scale kit! B)

Now back to Nick's regularly scheduled build! B)

Edited by highway

I think I need to build Mine... Anyone have a set of the Gold "Fire Chicken" decals?? I'd like to build the copy of one I used to own....

Right now no ones makes any decals for these cars, but I'm trying to get Keith Marks to do a '80 Turbo SE set.

only decals there are are:

1/16th scale: 10th Anniversary, Turbo SE

1/25th scale: 10th Anni, Pacecar, and a few others that are a bit harder to get.

That bird is called the "SuperBird", it is larger than the regular bird and the only bird ever put on a T/A to extend off the hood and onto the front fenders.

Now back to Nick's regularly scheduled build! :)

The 10th anniversary "Bird" went up the fenders into the door... I have pics...

BTW... Great work Nick

The 10th anniversary "Bird" went up the fenders into the door... I have pics...

BTW... Great work Nick

Thanks Kevin.

Well guys as we speak the front suspension is drying, after the glue dries, I'll test fit it to the body for the zillioneth time and take a pic of the ride height and such.

Nick

• 1 month later...

"Success Story NO. 1: A New Age of Performance For Those Firebirds, Just When You Thought The Age of Exciting Sporty Performance Where Over.........POW, Firebird goes Turbo" (1980 Pontiac Brochure, Turbo Firebird layout)

Made a dipstick, Made A fuel line with a Fuel Filter, and wired it up.

FILE1580.jpg

FILE1587.jpg

FILE1588.jpg

• 3 months later...

Looks good... Any more progress on this Nick?? Looks like You nee to add an AC bracket, the way that just hangs in space

I might have to, no more progress so far, but I'm trying to clear the bench so I can get back to my Big Bad Bird.

Why does it look like a starter hangin on the end of that belt ??

Rick that's the A/C compressor :lol:

Nick