Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Hollywood Garage

Hollywood Jim

Hey guys, here is my next project. I’m already a few weeks into this project so I will post some progress pictures in the next few days so you can catch up to where I am in the building process.

My inspiration is this drawing I found on the H.A.M.B. Forum, drawn by Jeff Norwell.

Bwidea1-vi.jpg

I want to do a 1/25th scale garage diorama all in black and white except for the car. The car will be the only thing in color.

I did some mock-ups so I could see what it would look like and determine the size of things.

Img_3825-vi.jpg

I started with the car. The garage will depict a scene from around 1957. The car will be a period correct 32’ Ford. Something like this:

ac1-vi.jpg

The first thing was to create a correct stock frame. A stock frame is pictured on the bottom. I started with the Revell frame on the top. In the middle is the Revell frame with some modifications.

Img_6475_5-vi.jpg

Yeah that's it, except the body of the car will be red.

Hey ! How did you do that? Make everything black and white except the car... ?

Yeah, just a quick job in Photoshop. I sloppily highlighted the car and cut it, Then converted the photo to black and white and pasted the car back in.

Should be fun building the garage in B&W!