Model Cars Magazine Forum

1991 Top Fuel Champ ?

I have an older revell kit of Gary Ormsby's Castrol Fueler circa 1991 labeled as the top fuel champion of 1991.

Joe Amato was the 1991 champ and G.O. was the 1989 champ.

Does this kit have any value??( still shrink wrapped in the box)

Unfortunately errors from the model companies don't hold the same results as say an error on a baseball card. Yes Revell did let some of the errors get released to the public before they recognized the mistake and fixed it. But, it carries about the same extra value from the corrected version as does the Lindberg Color Me Gone 64 Dodge Super Stock that was first released with the words "Super Sport" on the box instead of "Super Stock". And that would be, not much. But then again, something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

And as such, I am holding on to one each of the above mentioned sealed models, just in case.

A couple of comments. Gary died just prior to the US Nationals in 1991. I often wonder what innovations he'd contributed if he hadn't of died.

I have the same model and have been debating building it. Was the frame painted or was it the now standard unpainted chrome moly?

Thanks,

Mike