Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Rig Wheels and tires from the 40s and from the 60s.

The GMC wheels, while very nice, are incorrect. The bolt pattern is wrong. The should either be 5 or 10 lug, depending on what size truck is being replicated.

Thanks you for that bit of information, Longbox55. But those wheels were made from borrowed masters and that was how they were when I got them. Better then nothing at all. So if anyone wants them. They are avalable through my website.

If anyone has any other questions about this, or any other one of my resin items. Please go to my web site and/or e-mail me.

those 30's wheels and tires are sourced from Italeri's Opel Blitz which too is a GM product if i remember right. very nice and very cool wheels Matt, good to see someone reproducing them.

if you can get the parts, the suspension and axles from that kit would be nice to see in resin as well. that way if one chooses to convert trucks like the Revell '41 Chevy, they have all the parts on hand. ;)

Dave

You mean like this?

41chevy01.jpg

41chevy03.jpg

41chevy05.jpg

Model By Dave Bell

Yea, it is a very good chance that it will happen. But first I am coming out with some really cool suspention pieces that were scratch built by Dave Bell. Also some neat items to use with the Revell 50 Ford F1 to build the 48-51 Ford F-8 "Big Job" with a sleeper cab. Check it all out on my web site on the "Classic Heavy Truck" Section.

50sleeper1-vi.jpg

Yea, I should have it out by the end of next week. It will be cool to use on just the pick up. I have coming with the cab. I piece that fits right on the kit floor board to extend the floor and it looks factory. Very easy to use. You will just have to stretch the frame.

Thanks for your interest, Dave.

Matt

bigjobcab.jpg

those 30's wheels and tires are sourced from Italeri's Opel Blitz which too is a GM product if i remember right. very nice and very cool wheels Matt, good to see someone reproducing them.

if you can get the parts, the suspension and axles from that kit would be nice to see in resin as well. that way if one chooses to convert trucks like the Revell '41 Chevy, they have all the parts on hand. ;)

Dave

While it is true that the Opel Blitz is technically a GM product, it was enginered independently from its US built cousins. check out the Galleries on Stovebolt.com to see many exellent examples of what the US spec wheels should look like.

Edited by Longbox55

• 3 weeks later...

Matt, just checked out your site, and I like your work! Would you consider some dually wheels for pickups? I know many builders (including me!!) who need wheels for duallies, but I haven't found anyplace offering them. Maybe the wheels from the Monogram F350 or even the Alcoa aluminum style from the old Revell Midnight Cowboy. And maybe a few more 4x4 conversions, too??

Matt, just checked out your site, and I like your work! Would you consider some dually wheels for pickups? I know many builders (including me!!) who need wheels for duallies, but I haven't found anyplace offering them. Maybe the wheels from the Monogram F350 or even the Alcoa aluminum style from the old Revell Midnight Cowboy. And maybe a few more 4x4 conversions, too??

Yes I am wanting to do all of those. I just need to get my hands of good masters. I am going to a model show this weekend in riverside california. The Citrus Nationals. http://www.wix.com/CitrusNationals/Home-Page

I am going to be looking for those kits.

Matt

• 1 month later...

For those who are looking for one ton rims and tires I offer them in resin. These are 16 inch tires and rims. The rims are mastered by myself they are not copied from other kit. They were scaled down from actual rims from my fathers truck.

DSC04119.jpg

For further information you can contact off board at: plaskit_resin@yahoo.ca

Hope this can help. Daniel Gailloux