Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Camaro Pro Mod.... updates 11/12/13

tyrone

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks alot fellas... I really appreciate the kind words.. I messed around with the rear end on this one today, I used a rear end from the prostock cutlass again.. I cut the axles off and ran a piece of tube through the middle and the added the four link brackets from dirt modeler... I cut the tube longer than needed once I decide on what wheels I'm gonna use I'll shorten them as needed... here's a few mock up pics... still needs a little tweeking here and there,,, thanks for looking and comments welcome....

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I don't recognize the Flash Point body, Tyrone. Is this the 68 Camaro with your own body work?

Ted this is the latest 69 Camaro body from flashpointe... It's up on there website.... I like this one much much more than the first body they had... I built one as a red and white Yenko pro mod a few years back... I sold it 2 weeks ago to make room for this one.....

Edited by tyrone

what's up fellas... glad to see the site is back up and going... I've been making some progress on this one... I made up the wheelie bars from styrene tube... I've also made up the side exit headers from styrene rod and tube..... I've opened up and hinged the doors, and I've also picked out a hood scoop fitted it to the body, I've been doing some sanding on the body also.. the body lines on here were kinda thick, so I sanded them down a bit.. I also added some styrene to the lower rocker panels to give it a little lower stance... thanks for looking and comments welcome.....

here's a few pics of the chassis with firewall done.....

1013378_3197617436270_829567103_n.jpg

1045056_3197621836380_1702941150_n.jpg

1001759_3197615876231_1598598407_n.jpg

here's a few of the styrene pieces added to the side rockers to get the stance I was after...

17486_3197631276616_799195500_n.jpg

998992_3197629276566_1576066755_n.jpg

and here's where it stands now... I laid a coat of primer on to see where is stands.. I really like this body alot over the first one they had... This is my new favorite lol... gonna throw the kitchen sink at this one lol... thanks for looking and comments welcome... sorry for all the pics....

002-4.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-3.jpg

Posted by Tyrone, Today, 01:01 PM

gonna throw the kitchen sink at this one lol...

Nah man, don't throw the sink at it........I'll have it. :blink:

Kidding. :D Looking FANtastic as always Tyrone, one can always use your builds as great inspiration, whether it be 1:25 and even 1:12. ;) Great work man.

Thanks alot fellas for the kind words ... I appreciate it... I've been working on this one this weekend... I got the rear end, and wheelie bars painted..I've also added the disc brakes to the rear.. I got the drivers floor done.. and I have been tinkering around with the chassis still.. I added some braces for the windshield area and I have been added my dzus fastener brackets for the front end below the headers and for the floor area and electronics board... I've also been working on the engine.. I used the kit engine from the prosportsman kit on this one again I robbed the intake from the pro stock cutlass kit... and I also grinded the molded water pump off the engine plate and made a more modern csi style pump from styrene... crank trigger is from futurattraction.. I used bolthead details from protech.. and I've also got the headers painted... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-6.jpg

008-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg