Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super Comp Altered

Mooneyzs

I have finished all of the decals and it's ready for one last coat of clear to seal in the decals. Then once the clear is done just need to paint the inside of the body black and glue the front nose onto the chassis.

Here is the model fully decaled:

Picture093A.jpg

Picture107A.jpg

Picture103A.jpg

Picture110A.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Guys, thanks again for all of the kind words. It is much appreciated. I am hoping to be able to lay the final clear coat down this weekend. I think its supposed to rain tomorrow :( but hoping if it does that we have nice weather on sunday and will clear it then.

Jim... the kit that I used for this build was Revells Ed "the Ace" McCulloch's Otter Pops olds funny car Kit # 7490.... here's a couple of pics of the box...

Picture111.jpg

Picture112.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

I was able to clear the decals this weekend, So I am one more step of being closer to having this build completed. Happy to have this done. Now on the to do list is paint the underneath of the body flat black and under the nose piece. Then its just gluing the nose piece onto the frame. Here are a couple pic:

Picture140A.jpg

Picture141A.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Another great looking build Chris. Really clean, to the point and not overly done. I trust you'll be bringing this one to DSC this weekend as well?

Thanks Dan, You know it I will have this build there :rolleyes:

Ditto to the little green box above....man, everything is so crystal clear and sharp! Love it.

Thanks Jeff, appreciate the kind words.

Dogfish... Thanks!

Well little update, last night I got the inside of the body painted flat black and the nose piece glued onto the frame. So technically it is completed. I need to get some pics taken of it and will try to post some pics the next few days. Hoping to maybe get home early from work and be able to take some while the sun is still out so you guy can see the paint in the sunlight B) .

• 3 weeks later...