Model Cars Magazine Forum

My class of 2009

Jeff Sauber

Heres my list of what I managed to finish this year. I had hoped to get 2 more completed, but I may just have enough time before the year ends to get my '48 lincoln done and thats about it...The rest will likely have to carry over into 2010.

ply1.jpg

ply5.jpg

ply10.jpg

ply4.jpg

ply9.jpg

plymouthpromod4.jpg

plymouthpromod9.jpg

Edited by J. Sauber

CRICKEY, all of that stuff is beautiful J.

Well done for 09.

I hope to do as well for 2010.

Bob F

Thanks, Bob. Finishing 3 is actually pretty good for me. In the past, I was lucky to get one completed per year.

If all goes well at the paint booth this week, I'm may be able to sneak in the lincoln before years's end..

Every one a standout. I've enjoyed them all. Four for '09? Go for it! I have one more to finish and them I'll post my builds for the year, too. I remember this as an end-of-year tradition from last year and I think it's great. It allows us to enjoy all sorts of look backs at some of the great pleasures of the past 12 months and even some knockouts we may have missed.

J., Wow! From the looks of it, I build about ten times as many models as you a year, but NONE of mine are done to this level of excelence! Maybe I need to rethink my whole 'quantity trumps quality' mantra!

I'm especially fond of the Lincoln, you done that turdlike old kit proud, my man!

D'you suppose I could steal these photos for reference material? This 'Cuda is beautiful!

Terry

Thanks Terry, yes by all means, your welcome to copy and save use any of the images you need.

In terms of replica stock, the model is somewhat close, but the engine bay features a few touches that differs from a purely stock setup. Also from what I understand, the dash board is supposedly not the correct configuration or something to that effect....I'm not really sure but that's what I was told. It's the only dash that comes with the kit.

This wasn't a really bad kit to work with, but it did need a little extra adjusting and massaging. I also had to bring the ride height down a bit, the kit's pre-set stance made it look like a 4 wheel drive... :)

Thanks for the compliments everybody, I really appreciate it.

I just wish I had more time this year to get the other stuff done. The Christine car took alot more time than I had anticipated. I'll be surprised if I can get the lincoln wrapped up before the month ends.

I should have never took a look at your builds, now feeling like a worthless hack and thinking of going out to the shop and stompin on what I am working on. You work is over the top, they look like you could hop in and drive them off. Very, Very Nice.

I would say 09' was a good year for you !!! Congrats !!!