Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey fellas Not much to report other than body work this is my least favorite part of a build, but it has to be done I already primed to find the flaws so now I sand again and fill low spots and sand again and fill low spots............please enjoy the picks....

corrections corrections.....

novaandtruckbody003.jpg

novaandtruckbody004.jpg

here the door to the sleeper has been cut out and fills to low spots have been made....

novaandtruckbody005.jpg

Another coat of primer reveals some minor correction needs to be made but were very close now...

novaandtruckbody006.jpg

novaandtruckbody007.jpg

novaandtruckbody008.jpg

Sleeper is getting closer too.....but i forgot to fix the back LOL!

novaandtruckbody009.jpg

novaandtruckbody010.jpg

Stay tuned for more to come.

Hey Rommel, you know something bro? you for got to fix the back side! B)

The work your doing is looking good man, I know what you mean also about using primer as the white putty and plastic can hide alot of things from you that you wouldn't be available to see unless you hit it with some kind of primer.

AHHH! a man who knows how to find the small defects, Thx for your comment Jim always good to hear from you bro.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas I know I havent posted anything here a lil while but ive been waiting on some supplys. I was able to build my dual axles on the front and it all works as far as steerability is concerned. I also did a mock up for ya I hope you enjoy.

this pic shows the steering linkages.

truchaxles005.jpg

here you see the steering turned....

truchaxles006.jpg

truchaxles007.jpg

heres one with the wheels on....

truchaxles008.jpg

and the mockup ...

truchaxles009.jpg

truchaxles010.jpg

Romell, does it have it's own zip code?

Considering the scale you are working with that's one big puppy.

Heck the 1/8th Cuda I'm working on is only around 22" and my 1/6th Willys will probably finish out close to 26".

For what it's worth, I'm impressed.......good on ya dude. Great attention to detail!

Hey Don im headed to the post office monday to check on that zip code B) and I just added another 37mm to the frame to bring it to a grand total of 19 inches (thats just the frame) thx so much for your compliment and the light heartedness of your comment. have a great day my friend. Romell

Edited by Aftashox

Looks great and nice to see some progress on it!

A quick question though- what are you doing for fuel tanks? I noticed that the second set of steering wheels are pretty tight to the forward wheels and the fuel tank that came with the kit probably won't fit. I would hate to see you extend the frame some more for the fuel tanks!

The old trucking song "Give Me 40 Acres" comes to mind with the length of that rig Romell:lol:

Been watching this wonderful project as it unfolds and just have to say that your skills seem to be immeasurable!!

This is by far one of the coolest truck builds I have watched yet! Keep up the great work!:D

Looks great and nice to see some progress on it!

A quick question though- what are you doing for fuel tanks? I noticed that the second set of steering wheels are pretty tight to the forward wheels and the fuel tank that came with the kit probably won't fit. I would hate to see you extend the frame some more for the fuel tanks!

the frame has already been strechted enough for the tanks......oh the tanks :D

truckchassis008.jpg

Why does the ole Trucker's song "Give Me 40 Acres" come to mind when I went through all 7 pages of histerical comments and totally AWESOME build shots of this Wrecker. I have to say Rom, You sure know how to knock the ball clear out of the county (and possibly the state for that matter) with your builds! The Chevelle first is absolutely stunning, the Nova turned out KILLER! and now this? When does the insanity end?? LmAo! ;):P Keep up the outstanding work my friend! Can't wait to see the next update on this build. :angry:

Here's another small update or really just an addition to what has already been posted. (I forgot to add these last night) enjoy!

this is the driver side tank support.

tanksupport003.jpg

a couple mockups keep in mind that the tanks will be recessed into the wrecker body a few inches.

tanksupport001.jpg

tanksupport002.jpg

Edited by Aftashox