Model Cars Magazine Forum

WILLYS GONE WILD

Dr. Cranky

With this kit of Rust Effects from AK-INTERACTIVE you get all the rusting you would ever want . . .

IMG_0215-vi.jpg

The fram is coming along . . . in the usual manner . . .

IMG_0218-vi.jpg

The paint goes on thin, great coverage, and the most important part is that it adheres very well . . . which is perfect for the rough and wet salting process.

IMG_0219-vi.jpg

The wheels and all the components on the frame are glued down with two part epoxy for that extra strength hold.

IMG_0240-vi.jpg

This is the first time in a long time I hold off until the end to paint the body . . .

One final round of mocking just to make sure everything is going to fit just fine:

IMG_0222-vi.jpg

IMG_0223-vi.jpg

IMG_0224-vi.jpg

Hey doc - didn't I read way farther back that this was going to be a SHINY :) :) :) build? What's with the dirt and rust? And, I thought that AK stuff was a brush on deal? I was going to order some for chassis weathering but the guy wants a ton of $$$ for shipping.

Jim, the body is going to be shiny, with a bit of mud spattered on the rocker panels. It's a build where I want to showcase the different finishes, etc . . . but yes, it's shiny.

The AK-INTERACTIVE RUST SET is a dual purpose set. You can brush it on or airbrush it on. I think the best results are gotten via the airbrush.

You can get stuff directly from AK-INTERACTIVE-USA.com and this way the cost of shipping is not as much as if you order from EUROPE.

Tell Iain Hamilton Doctor Cranky sent you.

This is looking awesome DrV. The one thing that comes back to me after studying your progress are the exhaust headers. They'd be thrashed and completed mud covered when done running in the bog. Anyway to run those out the hood? Otherwise its perfect. Looking forward to shiny.