Model Cars Magazine Forum

48 Ford Woody

Psychographic

I love this! It breaks all the rules and will look oh so impressive when it's done. I especially appreciate that your working entirely in styrene and fabricating so many detail pieces. The motor, the first painted and finished assembly you've shown us so far, has come out very succesfully.

I remembered to bring home some clear, the frame, rear and driveshaft are all a very shiny blue pearl.

PA190706.jpg

A better shot of the color, it's hard to get a good pic of it.

PA190707.jpg

I've got the back hinged. You can see I've started on the door panels too.

PA190705.jpg

Edited by Psychographic

Very cool, but may I suggest something? Put the rack with the amps where the subs are now and make a box for the subs where the amps are now. Subwoofers need an airtight enclosure to work and the way you have them now is unrealistic, as they are exposed at their back and pumping into the floor. Either their faces or their backs need to be enclosed. If you you like the detail on their backs to be seen, then you can make a box with its front clear. This way you would be able to see their faces inside the box and their backs sticking out on the other side.

Very cool, but may I suggest something? Put the rack with the amps where the subs are now and make a box for the subs where the amps are now. Subwoofers need an airtight enclosure to work and the way you have them now is unrealistic, as they are exposed at their back and pumping into the floor. Either their faces or their backs need to be enclosed. If you you like the detail on their backs to be seen, then you can make a box with its front clear. This way you would be able to see their faces inside the box and their backs sticking out on the other side.

I said the shipment came in, not the fab shop finished the install. :P

Not all subs need to be airtight, free-air and ported subs aren't sealed.

Moving along, the amps and subs are painted, the box and cap are just about ready for primer and bodywork.

PA210723.jpg

PA210725.jpg

Edited by Psychographic

I said the shipment came in, not the fab shop finished the install. :P

Not all subs need to be airtight, free-air and ported subs aren't

LOL. OK, OK.....I thought you were leaving them on the floor. My bad. Looks really cool now.