Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24-25 hotrod garage diorama

crazyrichard

• 4 weeks later...

hey , well i got invited to come to a big modelcar fair / show and show of my garage and rods ..
well the garage was ment as a simple dio to take pics of my models .. that got a bit out of hand :blink:
so i have to get the outside looking a bit decent because i never build this with care for the outside ...

the fair / show will be in september and wil actually be the first time i ever go to something modelling related .. i have plenty of time to finish the garage ..

so i thought i'd add more small detail , more will follow in the next weeks / months ..

everything you see on these pics is fixed / glued into position .. because i will have to transport it i thought i'd fix everything on its place ..

added some posters and more smalls .. need to create more atmosphere now with smalls and other stuff

10486_307784736021110_313426796_n.jpg

179703_307784716021112_1867284624_n.jpg

942082_307784729354444_1801726243_n.jpg

935250_307784762687774_2082781286_n.jpg

Richard, I've loved this dio since the beginning. I know exactly how these things get way out of hand and become much more than we ever intended! :)

The only thing I see is that steering wheel on the shelf on the back wall. I don't think one would stand up like that. It would more likely be hung on a hook, or laying down on a shelf.

I love this stuff. First, thank you for taking the time to post this and share your weathering skills. I hope I can get one of these built someday.

I do see one thing missing, a car rim bolted to the wall for the air hose. One would look great on the end of your low wall, right out in the center of the shop for easy access. :) One for a water hose would be handy as well.

The photos with the light shining through the windows are awesome!

AzTom