Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #96 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

Well Harry, now you've gone an dun it! Ok, I KNOW this is a REAL car, cause I've seen pictures of it, BUT the one you posted looks like a MODEL of it. Don't know WHY I think it's a model, but I do. Maybe the louvers in the hood? No visible valve stems?( I even got the ol Opti-Visor's out!) So I'mma runnin with MODEL!!!!!!!!!! <_<:D

Well Harry, now you've gone an dun it! Ok, I KNOW this is a REAL car, cause I've seen pictures of it, BUT the one you posted looks like a MODEL of it. Don't know WHY I think it's a model, but I do. Maybe the louvers in the hood? No visible valve stems?( I even got the ol Opti-Visor's out!) So I'mma runnin with MODEL!!!!!!!!!! :);)

George - I also remember the car and know that it exists though I don't remember the details. There is a valve stem visible at the 2 o'clock on the front tire, but I don't think this is the real deal. As I recall this was a speed record car, so it would not have had this nice of a paint job. That to me is the giveaway. Cars of this era were mostly painted flat not high gloss. I'm saying it is a model also.

Pete

I think it's a model - a really good one! It's just too crisp, clean and straight to be real car that actually ran at Indy 92 years ago. Of course, I think it's in a museum somewhere now and they might have restored it to better than new.

:P Snork! snurz! NOPE I'M UP and at my Post! Yep all bright eyed an bushy tailed! Ok guys, we gonna do this? at the count of 3......... 1,2,..3,......HARRY, WAKE UP!!!! We's burnin daylight brother! Them russkies is sneekin up on us! Grab yer weapon an be at the ready! ....OH! my bad, ...ok, MAYBE I WAZ just readin the inside a my eyelids, but I WAZ up! And hopefully Harry got enough sleep to be awake now! So wat it gone be like,Harry, RoM? HIT ME BROTHA! HIT ME!!! :P ( hope you slept well)