Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 71 Ranger Pickup

Daf57

Hi all,

I've had this model on pre-order over at Mega Hobby for over a year. I finally sent Moebius a note asking the status. They said that production was running behind and should be early 2015. I hope so! I noticed the other thread had been shut down due to lack of info ... sorry if this is not an appropriate post. I've really been looking forward to this one. Maybe a few others have as well so I wanted to post this small update. ;)

Maybe they are fixing the hub cap issue after all. The test shots have 3/4 ton hub caps and not the correct 1/2 ton ones. It's not the end of the world but when I mentioned it to the Moebius guy, he said that it was too late to change that error. It just seems a shame after all the delays and obvious time and effort put into these kits that they would let something as obvious as hub caps go. I really have always liked that style of truck and plan to get several - wrong hub caps or not.

Hi all,

I've had this model on pre-order over at Mega Hobby for over a year. I finally sent Moebius a note asking the status. They said that production was running behind and should be early 2015. I hope so! I noticed the other thread had been shut down due to lack of info ... sorry if this is not an appropriate post. I've really been looking forward to this one. Maybe a few others have as well so I wanted to post this small update. ;)

They told me by mid year 2015

The plastic parts have been approved for production- instruction sheet, decals, and box design are currently in development. If it's as good as the last test shot, it should be pretty good.

Not that I'd know, or anything...

bumpside_zps1c0e53bb.jpg

^Those are AMT parts pack tires, but other than that it's out of the box.

The plastic parts have been approved for production- instruction sheet, decals, and box design are currently in development. If it's as good as the last test shot, it should be pretty good.

Not that I'd know, or anything...

bumpside_zps1c0e53bb.jpg

^Those are AMT parts pack tires, but other than that it's out of the box.

Um......wow!!! I thought that was a real truck for a second!