Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 scale 1967 Mustang GT 500

Lovefordgalaxie

Altaya just started distributing this 1/8 scale Mustang here in Brazil. Went to my usual newspaper stand and found it. Already signed the collection to make sure I won't miss any of the issues.

The first parts do look great, nice paint, and nice detail.

14551663060_ef84e2149c_c.jpg1/8 Scale Mustang. by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

14738046432_7aa62fd2ef_c.jpg1/8 Scale Mustang. by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

14551884347_14938bb2ac_c.jpg1/8 Scale Mustang. by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

14738340305_10e24c5d61_c.jpg1/8 Scale Mustang. by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

14758197343_c1bea2987a_c.jpg1/8 Scale Mustang. by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

I see that the subscription is now available in Europe, with a first-issue price of 1 euro (about $1.35). How much are each of the following issues?

Here's an overview for those with a passing knowledge of French:

http://www.mechanicsinmotion.fr/altaya-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-500-au-1-8-e/

Edited by sjordan2

Well gentlemen, I'll be buying this beast, as a Ford guy, there is no way I see this at the newsstands and not getting it. Already signed the collection. If you have the patience, I'll be posting the parts as I get them, and, eventually, the finished product. The car will have working lights, working brake lights, working steering, working driveshaft, suspensions, and FE V8 sound effects.

More detail as more parts arrive.

Hmmm.............I can see myself getting into this! ;)

The way I build, the doling out of parts would be no big thing for me. I'd need to contact them though to find out how much shipping would be here to the U.S. on top of the subscription rate.

VERY impressive just the same, and I have to wonder how well Danbury Mint might have fared if they had done their large scale kits this way.

I guess we'll never know...........

Edited by MrObsessive

I would love it!

Tulio... do you know if it's possible for us in the US to subscribe?

Any idea what the final total, with shipping, would be in US $?

Harry,

I think Altays do ships abroad. I have no idea on costs tough.

Maybe you can do a inquire at their website:

http://www.planetadeagostini.com.br/

The parts are priced as follows:

The first issue: 4,99

Middle 81 issues: 19,99 each

Final 18 issues: 42,99 each

All in Brazilian Reais. The exchange rate goes up and down almost every day, so it's best if you do the conversion at the day. It's usually around one Dollar to 2,20 Reais.

Do you get the parts in the order you would need to do the build as you go ?

That's a great question. Have no idea.

This IS my first rodeo :D

According to the preview on my parts packaging, the next thing to be delivered will be the a front wheel, tire, spindle and braking system for that one wheel.

It sounds super cool and I'd love to have the chance, but that's just not in my budget. I'll definitely stay tuned to your build though!

It sounds super cool and I'd love to have the chance, but that's just not in my budget. I'll definitely stay tuned to your build though!

Those with a better knowledge of French are welcome to correct me, but here's my attempt at a translation from the French website:

• MONTAGE PAS À PAS : Les pages centrales de vos fascicules vous donnent des indications claires et précises, illustrées de photographies, pour monter facilement votre voiture pas à pas. Ce superbe modèle convient aussi bien aux modélistes confirmés qu’aux débutants.
  • • BUILD STEP BY STEP: The middle pages of your installments give you clear and precise instructions, illustrated with photographs, to easily build your car step by step. This superb model is equally as suitable for experienced modelers as for beginners.

As for price, this seems right in the ballpark with 1/8 Pocher kits (and may be better quality). But I'd let somebody else be the first to build it.

Those with a better knowledge of French are welcome to correct me, but here's my attempt at a translation from the French website:

• MONTAGE PAS À PAS : Les pages centrales de vos fascicules vous donnent des indications claires et précises, illustrées de photographies, pour monter facilement votre voiture pas à pas. Ce superbe modèle convient aussi bien aux modélistes confirmés qu’aux débutants.
  • • BUILD STEP BY STEP: The middle pages of your installments give you clear and precise instructions, illustrated with photographs, to easily build your car step by step. This superb model is equally as suitable for experienced modelers as for beginners.

As for price, this seems right in the ballpark with 1/8 Pocher kits (and may be better quality). But I'd let somebody else be the first to build it.

Yes, I agree.

The completed model will have the same detail level of the other Altaya 1/8 scale models, like this one:

and this one:

Would give two Mustangs for that GAZ Pobeda...

Edited by Lovefordgalaxie

Jesus!

i would really like to participate in that...but i bet it'll be near impossible to get copys of the magazine over here (Netherlands)

i wouldn't care less what the finished thing would cost in the end..

the problem is you can't even get the magazine over here ,this forum is based on..

i can only buy copy's of 'the other one' (rhimes with Dale Motto)..in Antwerp..

love to have a very big scale '67 GT500...

i have both colours in 1/18 scale diecast from AutoArt..(outstanding detail/finish)..and i would be over the moon with this one

guess it'll never happen..

so this is basically an unassembled diecast possibly along the detail level of say CMC, prepainted, that you subscribe to and pay payments for the parts you get. and it ends up costing over a thousand bucks?

hmmm...that's pretty stiff. maybe if it were a birdcage but we all have our holy grails

jb

Edited by jbwelda

• 2 months later...

so this is basically an unassembled diecast possibly along the detail level of say CMC, prepainted, that you subscribe to and pay payments for the parts you get. and it ends up costing over a thousand bucks?

jb

I have very close to that into my Pocher Rolls with the MMC aftermarket parts I have (and still need more) ordered. That's not counting a jillion tools and finishing materials.

Everyone has different interests. Why the disparaging attitude? Just because it doesn't float your boat?

It's only valid if it supports your own interests? :rolleyes: