Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mopar Diorama

Gary Smith

I like it. It reminds me in a way of the dream garage of so many people I know. I mean, mine would be a bit cleaner, but it would definitely be "worked in."

Those details are marvelous. Like your technique for the insulation kraft-paper backing.

Great job.

Charlie Larkin

I like it. It reminds me in a way of the dream garage of so many people I know. I mean, mine would be a bit cleaner, but it would definitely be "worked in."

Those details are marvelous. Like your technique for the insulation kraft-paper backing.

Great job.

Charlie Larkin

Thank You Sir

That is one of the best, well-used, garage dioramas that I've ever seen. The grunge and clutter, the wall insulation, the wood or coal stove...... everything is very well done and very realistic looking. You must have a LOT of time in on this.

x2

A W E S O M E and so realistic!

• 2 weeks later...

This is the type of diorama that is enjoyable to look at because you can never catch all the details that are there the first time you look. This is a fine example of what most garages (in the real world) look like. There just aren't many Nascar clean garages around. You've done a wonderful garage here and I truly enjoy looking at the pics you've posted. Great stuff!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the type of diorama that is enjoyable to look at because you can never catch all the details that are there the first time you look. This is a fine example of what most garages (in the real world) look like. There just aren't many Nascar clean garages around. You've done a wonderful garage here and I truly enjoy looking at the pics you've posted. Great stuff!

Thank you very much sir.I appreciate that. These are most of the kinds of garages i've been around. I've always liked looking around in places like this. Its fun to see what accumulates over time.

Outstanding garage diorama. Great realistic detail..

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE it man! NICE job, the garage I used to work in growing up sort of looked the same! The only missing details I see, is the engine lift, and a engine "stand" and maybe a flat plate on the coal burner or wood burner for heating coffee! :D

GREAT JOB! LOVE the 392 Hemi sittin on the floor with a cam ready to go in or was the one taken out.....being built to go in the Plymouth? Or?

NICE job the pictures almost tell the story!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dirty, greasy, grimy, beautiful!! This is the kind of work that you could stare at for hours at a model show.

I come here to show off a little but mostly get inspiration for my own projects, and you sir have provided that for me tonight!!

M

This is just FANTASTIC some really beautiful work you have done and looks so real !!!!

I do believe I have been in many garages that look just like this, unreal the quality of your work

is just awesome :D

What part of Indiana you from cause the Hoosier state is where I'm from also , very cool :)

• 1 month later...