Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm starting with the monogram chevy 4x4, I added the axles from the revell mad mudder, and the wheels are aftermarket. other than that, the build will be pretty much box stock aside from wiring etc. and possible scratchbuilt bumper. as of now I need to make a longer rear drive shaft and a few things before I get the frame in paint.

2012-04-30221326.jpg

thanks brizio!

I have the new rear driveshaft made out of a piece of the parts tree. I'm now thinking of using the mad mudder wheels and tires (possibly switch out the wheels for the factory six lugs) since the mad mudder tires have a little bit better proportion to the kit. enjoy. and as always tips are welcome

2012-05-01143230.jpg

2012-05-01142459.jpg

thanks brizio!

2012-05-01142459.jpg

I have an old buildup that looks exactly like this. Same wheels and tires. Good choice going with the Ground Hawgs. You would've had to lift it more to put those So Reals on. My old build had the rallies on it at one time and I loved the way they looked in the Ground Hawgs. The chrome got to looking bad and I switched them out for the chrome spokes.

thanks for all the comments guys

quick question

what was the factory engine color for a 350 v8 in this year model, the engine is primed and ready to paint, I just haven't figured out what color yet

thanks for the comments guys.

and to brokentail58, I'm using the axle that came with the revell mad mudder blazer kit, it's the same as the monogram axle and fits in the same spot, the shakles are just taller to give it more lift