Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Ford Falcon

jjsipes

I hate to even mention things like this for the fear of sounding morbid and, or greedy, but it would be in your best interest to have the car signed over to you as a gift before the passing of the great grandmother. This bypasses any inheritance taxes, and I have been on a losing end of a similar deal, I spent all my high school years living with a favorite aunt, and while I was there she bought a brand new '65 Valiant, over the years I helped her out with many things, and kind of was the caretaker of her car,, we discussed the fact that since it meant so much to her (it was her first new car after a rough marriage and divorce) that I would really like the car if something happened to her, in '94 she was worried about it getting older and unreliable (it had 46,000 original miles on it) so she put it on blocks and put the tires in the barn, but would start it every thirty days to keep the cylinders from rusting up. The irony is that the new Plymouth Neon she bought to replace it had an underhood fire and burned to the ground, so she bought a new breeze in '99, sadly she passed unexpectedly in 2001, and hadn't written up an official will, I talked to her youngest daughter about the car, and she said she was aware that her mother had wanted the Valiant to go to me, and as soon as they could get it appraised they would let me know what they would sell it for, I haven't heard from either sister since, and no surprise when my father, (their uncle) died two years ago we never even got a sympathy card.

So get anything that a loved one plans on bequeathing you either before they pass, or clearly laid out in a legal will that has been notarized, family can turn into vultures after a person passes.

This is a very common thing to happen to people . I know my _ _ _ _ _ wanted you to have this. I do not want it but you can give me money for it, at my over inflated price .