Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jagermeister Porsche 956

Nacho Z

This is another older build. This was built from the RoG 1:24 kit. This was my selection for a 24 hour build. I did get the kit finished in 24 hours however I did touch up a few things afterwards. It was a fairly simple kit and I had very few problems with it. I hope you like it!

0065-vi.jpg

0035-vi.jpg

0045-vi.jpg

0055-vi.jpg

0094-vi.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate them :) .

I like it. I've built a couple of Tamiya's 956s but not the Revell. Good choice for a twenty-four hour build, too. I'm guessing that you added the valve stems, right?

Curtis, I honestly don't remember if I added those or not. I looked at the model in its case and it sure looks like they were added but I just don't remember.....getting old I guess ;).

Thanks again for the comments guys.

Looks very nice! but i think is a 962, not a 956.

Mauricio, I double checked the RoG box and it says it is a 956C. I checked the internet and found that the 962 replaced the 956. To my eye they look very close to each other. Is there something on the model that makes it look like a 962? I am not too familiar with these cars and couldn't tell the difference, even if you ran me over with one.... :D

Mauricio, I double checked the RoG box and it says it is a 956C. I checked the internet and found that the 962 replaced the 956. To my eye they look very close to each other. Is there something on the model that makes it look like a 962? I am not too familiar with these cars and couldn't tell the difference, even if you ran me over with one.... :D

Hi John!

I think RoG made a mistake.

The 956 has a longer nose:

PORSCHE956_zps41908002.jpg

While 962 has a short nose:

PORSCHE962_zps4f8ba1de.png

PORSCHE9622_zps7c84fb29.png

Anyway, you bult an awesome model!!!! Congrats!!! :D

I like it, nice job. It is without a doubt a 962. RoG screwed up on the title. The 962 was made to replace the 956 because the rule makers decided the driver's feet had to be equal to or behind the front axle line. The 962 has a wider panel just in front of the door becaused it was lengthened here. . This is probaly an 88-90 962 because the rules changed in 88 to make the venturi tunnels lower than the rear axles to reduce ground effect.

The first 962 was raced at the 1984 24hrs of Daytona by Mario Andretti.

122604bc017.jpg

Edited by 935k3

Nice looking build John...It's nice to see one of these in the forum. I picked a few of the Hasegawa kits recently as I needed a break from the usual builds.

I'm currently working on a Mercedes C9, and have enjoyed working on it very much.

While they are some-what simple kits to build, they are loaded with detail.

I've purchased several different Hasegawa road race kits now and I'm having a blast building them.

One last thing John, where did you get Jagermeister decals from?

Happy modeling, Vernon

You gotta love this board, both entertaining and educational! :) I appreciate the information on a 962 vs. a 956. Thanks to Mauricio and Dale. I did not know this. After reading several other discussions on the 'net it appears that there is not a truly accurate model of either (?) :blink:

Nice looking build John...It's nice to see one of these in the forum. I picked a few of the Hasegawa kits recently as I needed a break from the usual builds.

I'm currently working on a Mercedes C9, and have enjoyed working on it very much.

While they are some-what simple kits to build, they are loaded with detail.

I've purchased several different Hasegawa road race kits now and I'm having a blast building them.

One last thing John, where did you get Jagermeister decals from?

Happy modeling, Vernon

Vernon, the Jagermeister decals are the kit decals. IIRC, they laid down nicely with no problems.

The 962 was made in answer to IMSA's requirements that the front axle be in front of the drivers foot box, making it a bit more stub nosed. The FIA adopted these same rules for Group C a few years later. The RoG kit is a rebox of the Hasegawa 962. Both Tamiya and Hasegawa offered curb side 962's. Tamiya made a full detail 956 and Protar offered a pretty bad curb side 956 as well.

Very nice build indeed.

• 3 weeks later...