Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Man Joe!!!! I am so impressed with your work!!!

So just to clear up my confusion.. the seam on the tunnel is then on the bottom or the passengers side? And will you be putting the wrapped tubing on the bottom of the tunnel as well?

Thx. Bart i really appreciate that man, The seem is at the bottom of the tunnel, There is all ready wrapped tubing at the bottom. I can just pull that tunnel in and out of it, i made it that way so when i paint it i can leave the tunnel with the finish it has now. I will try to get a better picture of the tunnel out of the frame tonight.

Edited by Prostreet

Did you use any plans to build the chassis or did you just wing it from pictures?

Jason, I used the body to make my outlines and mark my door areas and center lines on the graph paper then just winged it. I used lots of reference pictures off the net, I learned no 2 chassis are the same, especially from body to body. I used ideas from all different chassis at the time because i couldn't find lots of good pictures of just a 57 promod chassis, My chassis is not 100% accurate but close enough for a model and i'm extremely happy with the way it is turning out so far, I'm learning alot from this build and the great builders on this board and will try to make my next one even more accurate. But i also believe there is a point where it is hard to be 100% accurate with a model in the smaller scales.

Jason, I used the body to make my outlines and mark my door areas and center lines on the graph paper then just winged it. I used lots of reference pictures off the net, I learned no 2 chassis are the same, especially from body to body. I used ideas from all different chassis at the time because i couldn't find lots of good pictures of just a 57 promod chassis, My chassis is not 100% accurate but close enough for a model and i'm extremely happy with the way it is turning out so far, I'm learning alot from this build and the great builders on this board and will try to make my next one even more accurate. But i also believe there is a point where it is hard to be 100% accurate with a model in the smaller scales.

Joe, if that's not the best answer/advise I have heard, I'll go bat for the other team...... :unsure: ;)

Very hard to find any 2 chassis, exactly the same, even from the same shop. Building it to suit the body is the best advise.

And I must say, you are doing one heck of a GREAT job here. B)

The tunnel, pedals, the seat loops.....ALL look fantastic, and match the chassis perfectly. :)

Joe... you are doing some outstanding work on that chassis of yours. Those pedals look great. This is sure coming along very nice. Keep up the great work and I look forward to your next update.

Thx. Chris, Hope to have an update tommarrow, Been to drained to work on it last couple days, doing to much work.

Joe... I look forward to your update. I hear you about being drained from work. I have worked about 23 hours the past two days and Tonight I sat down for a second and cut two pieces of tube and glued them into my chassis. Wasn't worth posting pics of that till I get some more done to it tomorrow night.

Joe.. your progress is looking great man. nice work on this. I can totally relate with the feelig of not making much progress. Some of the work is tedious and seems you get no where when you put alot of time in. there are times i feel I look at the model thinking more than getting work done lol.

Thx. for the kind words Guys, I know i do the same thing stare at it for a long while trying to figure out a plan of attack lol. It is very enjoyable though. big shout out to Jim (micronitro for doing the wheels for me, Jim nailed them and they will really set off my build. i also have him working on some front struts and rear shocks. had to do a quick mockup.

05b2ca80.jpg

5772a67e.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

this has all of the makings to being a superb build, joe. like i said earlier. don't rush it!!! take the time to do all of the details YOU believe should be there. you are on your way to kickin' butt and takin' names. control the destiny of your build and do it right! and yes those wheels are TOTALLY cool!!

Those wheels look great on here Joe, I have plans to do one of these in the near future with a blown engine setup, I saw the 1/25 scale body at the show in Smyrna, I should have picked up one then but the 68 narrow body had to be dealt with first,.. You're doing an excellent job...

Edited by tyrone