Model Cars Magazine Forum

a CBP proposal Mad Max 4: Fury Road, build the next Interceptor

Lownslow

Thanks for the kind words guys. The body has received 5 cotes of clear and just because this is rather unknown waters to me I'm letting it dry before I touch it again.

Before I clear coted it I had to re-mask and do some touch ups on the yellow on the driver side front fender

IMG_1183.jpg

I also applied the white stripe between the red and blue colors. I'm happy with the finish

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

I also painted some of the odds and ends like the rims and the rear panel

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

I decided to use the generic grill and rear deck panels so that I had the good 73 bits should I decided to go back and try to build the original 73 Eleanor again but this time using the 71 Mustang kit.

IMG_1198.jpg

Wheels assembled

IMG_1199.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dirk, hate to burst ya bubble here but if Ya going to do the Falcons any justice with a build of those cars U should have stuck with the Torino as it is far closer than the Mustang in fact all of the Falcons of that era where based on the Torino us Aussies just added a few more doors anyway hope U do a great job with the Mustang and that it turns out looking good even though it won't be close to a Falcon.

Dingo B)

Dirk, hate to burst ya bubble here but if Ya going to do the Falcons any justice with a build of those cars U should have stuck with the Torino as it is far closer than the Mustang in fact all of the Falcons of that era where based on the Torino us Aussies just added a few more doors anyway hope U do a great job with the Mustang and that it turns out looking good even though it won't be close to a Falcon.

Dingo B)

My build isn't suppose to be a Falcon, its suppose to be a Mustang in the MFP dress. If you go into just about any police parking lot you will see many different types of cars. ;)

I was going to post the Caddy monster, but Unicorn beat me to the punch. To me, the extra cabin is what looks the most out of place. But then again, hippies would make double decker busses by stacking VW busses on school busess.Pherhaps this will be a personell carrier? You can fit 6-7 peopel in a regualar Caddy, why not go for 12-14?

I would have made it lower, like a desert racer, or pre-runner truck.

Its going to be interesting to see how or what part it plays in the story. I mean this is beyond odd even for The Thunderdome movie

People seem to forget that Mad Max has always been about extreme cars. Face it, the black interceptor was extreme to begin with, even in MM1. Then running around a fuel starved world driving cars fitted with supercharged V8s is ridiculous. Finally, cars fitted with jet engines? Again superchargers all over the place. The only way they can "better" their previous extreme vehicles is to .... well, we can see what they had to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Dirk I know that in the States as here there R many types of vehicles used but this should be about MM4 even though it won't star its most important actor BUT who would won't him now anyway he's gone mad (would suit the part though) the build should be around the cars the cops used at the time, I may be a bit of a stickler for detail on how the cars should be but this is wo't it is albout I though MM4 not wot people can build as really wild nut cars outside of the movie. Oh wellI'm just crazy I guess about how Hollywood is going to destroy a great movie and a fab legend.

Dingo B)

OH MY.... What kits are you using to smash this together?

Monogram '59 Cadillac Eldorado Seville #2463

Monogram '59 Cadillac Convertible #2957

Engines are AMT Blueprinter.

Rear wheels. AMT International Payhauler.

All kits are junkyard specials off ebay.

Put the convertible on top, That would make the upper deck an open air cruiser. Kind of like some double decker busses.

Rear deck lid gets cut out to give the open air section.

Edited by otherunicorn

• 7 years later...

I everyone , i send you some link about madmax .

1= http://www.koolestkruzers.com/t4625-apocalypse-now-le-retour ,

2= http://www.koolestkruzers.com/t6421-des-idees-pour-le-pec-post-apocalyptique ,

3= https://www.madmaxmovies.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7 ,

4=this is my facebook page but can your model here and on this everybody it welcome but it related to Mad max or post-apocalyptic