Model Cars Magazine Forum

I started this model a couple of days ago and decided to start a workbench thread.

Here she is so far...

post-12002-0-49221700-1432432117_thumb.j

post-12002-0-34791500-1432432149_thumb.j

post-12002-0-81765100-1432432178_thumb.j

post-12002-0-27060800-1432432207_thumb.j

post-12002-0-57476100-1432432238_thumb.j

I think I went a little far on the tires ,but I'll grow to like them.

Also does anyone have a picture of the fifth wheel holder and plate position on the frame? Thanks.

This is what I will probably paint it...

post-12002-0-76139000-1432431813_thumb.j

Edited by Bison

Wyatt,

Nice start on this project. I wouldsuggest, That when you try to weather this model. Use a little bit of paint and a lot of thinner .To mix what we call a wash.

Then you can brush it over the motor or whatever. And keep adding to it .Until you get the desired effect.

Be Well

Gator

Wyatt,

Nice start on this project. I wouldsuggest, That when you try to weather this model. Use a little bit of paint and a lot of thinner .To mix what we call a wash.

Then you can brush it over the motor or whatever. And keep adding to it .Until you get the desired effect.

Be Well

Gator

Thanks I will try that.

You've got a decent start going, here.....Looking pretty good.....

I'm going to have to agree with Terry on the fuel tanks, though Bud....The cab won't fit with them in that position....And Gator has a pretty good suggestion, as well....You may be a little heavy on the paint in places......Otherwise, you coming along, nicely.....

Now, you keep hammering away at this, though......I want to see how you progress.....Thanks for posting what you have, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask us....We're here to help.....

Looking good, Kid....Looking good....

Love to see younger modelers get on board.....

Edited by kilrathy10

It looks like you might have your fuel tanks mounted upside down. The top of the tank should be even, or slightly lower than the frame rails.

There not only upside down there actually put together wrong. The inside and outside tanks halves are mismatched, you can see it looking at the tank straps

It looks like you might have your fuel tanks mounted upside down. The top of the tank should be even, or slightly lower than the frame rails.

There not only upside down there actually put together wrong. The inside and outside tanks halves are mismatched, you can see it looking at the tank straps

Thanks for pointing that out guys. I was wondering about that, now they are drying as I type this.

FYI,

This can be a tough model to align the cab & hood properly. You're going to find it's easier to place the hood on to the chassis first, then place the cab on the chassis and work on getting everything lined up. It can be a pain, just take your time and test fit as much as possible.

Have fun and Good Luck

Very good....Glad you got it all corrected.....Can't wait to see more....

And, as Anthony has stated, take your time and check those instructions, carefully....Use tube glue sparingly...Just enough to get the parts to marry up is all you need....And take care not to get any on your fingertips....That can really ruin an otherwise good looking model.... :D

If you're using a rattle can to paint the exterior, snag one of those paint triggers....You can find them right next to the spray paint....Most of the time, they're only about a $1.50, so they won't break you.....It helps to put the paint where you want it and not on your finger.....

Edited by kilrathy10

I finished her tonight. Thankfully I never got glue spots on it (first time for everything) :lol:

Here's the finished product.

post-12002-0-05664400-1432775681_thumb.j

post-12002-0-45847400-1432775700_thumb.j

post-12002-0-81786300-1432775721_thumb.j

post-12002-0-25581400-1432775744_thumb.j

Thanks for all the help guys. This is one of my best model up to date.

I started this model a couple of days ago and decided to start a workbench thread.

Here she is so far...

attachicon.gif102_5346.JPG

attachicon.gif102_5354.JPG

attachicon.gif102_5349.JPG

attachicon.gif102_5350.JPG

attachicon.gif102_5355.JPG

I think I went a little far on the tires ,but I'll grow to like them.

Also does anyone have a picture of the fifth wheel holder and plate position on the frame? Thanks.

This is what I will probably paint it...

attachicon.gifreimer_ford_ltl9000.jpg

And I thought all Reimer trucks had black front fenders! Goes to show you learn something every day... Model looks good!

Edited by BigBad

The last picture does have black front fenders

Edit: never mind, I just enlargened the photos and the fenders are blue, real fun looking at photos on an iPhone. Really really small pictures

Sorry, my mistake

Edited by Whelen36